Saturday, July 05, 2008

Kayaking 101


1.There's a reason we've never heard about people kayaking down the Meteghan River--- HELOOOOO! It's a shallow rocky brook,,, and might I add the rocks are slippery, slimy, when pulling you over them-- because you didn't wear solid watershoes--- I thought I was being smart by wearing them, when in fact you were the one who got to sit in the kayak,,, whilst I pulled and tugged, and hoped to God that watersnakes are of the fictitious species!!
After our initial misguided attempt,,,we did manage to find a peaceful, deep, slow moving waterway-- pure bliss!! Unfortunately I couldn't get any pictures --- 2.Must remember those waterproof zip-lock bags next time,,, and 3. Don't pack the sunscreen in the same bag as the camera and pop--- gooey mess!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger H said...

ewww. sunscreen and camera! that's messy! I hope none got on the lens.

July 06, 2008 12:25 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

I hope your camera is OK. Water snakes?

July 06, 2008 1:18 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

LOL...sounds like you had quite the adventure.

July 08, 2008 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home