Thursday, July 17, 2008

Coming Back to Bite You in the Butt


Or other vital parts!!
Two (that I know )of these nasty critters--earwigs-- hitch hiked home in our laundry from last week's camping trip! Last Sunday, as I unpacked and dumped the oh so handy portable collapsing laundry bag,,, there they were-- the first one I gathered in kleenex, squashed in the palm of my hand(yes, I heard the crunch) and flushed down the toilet!

Earwig number two -- same procedure, except for crunching-- didn't have the heart or the stomach-- BUT I watched it disappear in a whirlpool (cesspool) of swirling water!! Phew-- sigh of relief--- UNTIL-

Today, whilst super cleaning same toilet,,, hidden crevices, under the rim,, full monty--- there it appeared, clutching vigorously on for dear life to underside of rim--close proximity to sitting (or standing) area--
CRUNCH!!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Fireguy said...

OUCH - that's fodder for a nightmare!

July 17, 2008 9:13 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

You're right about that Jim-- those pincers look nasty-- both ends are frightful!

July 17, 2008 9:28 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Yuck. I hate those things. They are so creepy looking. I had a scorpion in my shower the other day. Scary!!

July 18, 2008 12:23 AM  
Blogger H said...

Hmmm. Exemplary resilience hanh?!

Got this really creepy shiver on visualising it in the pot rim and... Stop my head! I can't seem to quit taking the story forward...

July 18, 2008 2:16 AM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Ewww....hate earwigs. Strangely enough, haven't even seen one this year..hmmmm...wonder where they are hiding............

July 18, 2008 2:46 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

Those guys really look scary but I've never heard of them actually clamping down on anybody. Have you? You're so brave. I hate stepping on cockroaches in Hawaii if they're too big because I hate hearing that scrunch.

July 18, 2008 4:14 AM  
Blogger mikki said...

Eeeewww! I get the shivers just looking at those things *shudder*

July 18, 2008 8:14 AM  
Blogger Jo, a retired teacher said...

I hate earwigs. They are so stubborn and sneaky. I hope you had a good telephoto lens so you didn't have to get that close. I also don't like the crunch, but without it you can't be sure they are dead. Sort of like a cockroach.

Ick, enough bug talk.

July 18, 2008 8:50 PM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

Yuck, I hate earwigs, they are so hard to get out of your house....

July 20, 2008 7:03 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

LMAO just looking back at some of the things I have missed since my last blog in November of 2008, and this surely gave me the laugh I needed, love you Aunt Sue.

March 30, 2010 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home