Sunday, June 01, 2008

Made in China

I believe Elvis is dead and Princess Diana was the victim of a tragic set of unfortunate circumstances culminating in her death-- although the jury in my mind is still "out" on the deaths of JFK and Marilyn Monroe! So I wouldn't identify myself with typical conspiracy theorists----but lately,, I've been wondering ---Frank was almost done assembling the cheapie Zellers bought deck swing,, when he noticed a vital bolt was missing!! Zellers would not open a new box to supply the missing piece,, NO-- that would be too simple-- we (Frank) would have to dissassemble the swing and return the whole thing in its proper packaging--- &*%*^(--- He opted to buy a new bolt at the hardware store--
Yesterday while we were at Wal-Mart looking for a trampoline enclosure,, we spotted a combination trampoline-enclosure for less money than the safety net alone-- Just as we reached our decision to buy same,, along came a frazzled, frustrated mother, accompanied by a seriously worried looking clerk,, hoping we weren't waiting to buy that last trampoline combo, because upset mother needed it for the crucial post missing from her previously bought set-- kids were home disappointed,,, mother irate--- the trampoline needed that one last piece to be set up properly and they were not going to take it apart!! We understood-- she left with crucial missing piece from set-----So where am I going with this--- HMMM!! Maybe there is a Chinese conspiracy to drive us crazy!! One family at a time!! Beginning with toxic paint on our baby toys!! (I'm betting Wal-Mart sold the trampoline with the missing post to some unsuspecting consumer and this turns into the neverending story!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

Oh my gosh! That is so frustrating. We've been hearing so many stories about Chinese goods that my daughter is now very leery of buying any baby toys made in China. We've also heard of tea leaves being dried in parking lots. How do you know? And really... it's not just China. What of the other countries. So much of our resources are going toward the war that there have been severe cutbacks on funding consumer safety...
Oh dear....I mustn't get started on this tangent or I'll never stop.

June 01, 2008 11:00 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

That is a very, very complicated conspiracy theory! I think I may have to read it again to get my head around it! Ok, I read it again...I prefer more simple conspiracy theories actually...hehehehe.
Love, Marsh
P.S. Did you end up getting the 'vital bolt' and the trampoline enclosure or not? I'm still not sure.

June 01, 2008 11:16 PM  
Blogger H said...

O dear. I'd say blame it on Walmart. But that's just me.

Sounds maddening though!

June 02, 2008 1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People need to stop shopping at Wal-Mart. There's a reason everything's so cheap, not to mention they treat their employees like so much of that stuff you have to scrape off your shoe if you're not careful where you walk.

June 07, 2008 7:13 PM  
Blogger Trying to be a Healthy Mom said...

You are so right though, it is a conspiracy theory! AND your right about the trampoline set being cheaper . I won a tranpoline at work, and was looking for a trampoline enclosure and they are just as expensive as buying both

June 16, 2008 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home