Monday, May 05, 2008

What Price, Vanity??




Yes, I know I've worn size nine footwear since the age of thirteen,, but every now and then 81/2 seems to work just fine so--- of course my first instinct in answering the question,"What size do you wear?" was eight and a half,, with my fingers crossed!!
They seemed to fit snugly...albeit my toes were a little crunched,,, so I meekly uttered,,, maybe I should try the nine,, just for comparing-- not that my feet are really THAT BIG!!!
As I stood upright , each foot in a different size, brows furrowed, the handsome young clerk said,"Wiggle your big toes."
He then noted that the toe wiggling in the eight and a half seemed the perfect fit,, and the wiggly niner appeared too large-- much to my delight!! "But it's your call," he added!
Drat it!! What to do?? My toes knew perfecty,, but my head told my mouth to say, "I'll take the smaller pair."
Two days later, feet aching, whilst on a trip to a shoestore in Halifax with Mike and Family,, I spied the SIZER! (as if I didn't already know) Slipping my right heel against the metal frame, trying to find which of the trifocals to look through,,, Rebecca , peering over my shoulder, says NINE!


I knew it!! Now it's official--- can I find the receipt?? Search through the wallet, purse, recyclables for the plastic shopping bag, jacket pocket, shoebox, misc. garbage, car---NO RECEIPT!! This was a job for Super Frank-- to my rescue again---He had no problem making the exchange!! Phew--- hope you can't see the price I was almost willing to pay!!


6 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

Do you have wide feet by chance? My husband wears 4Es and he says New Balance works the best. I've liked the feel of them, too. If he can't get a New Balance, he gets the next largest size. But then again, if you used the foot sizer...ummmm 9 must be it. :-)

May 05, 2008 8:08 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Oh Yeah-- they're wide, like all other parts of me!! Thanks for the hint-- next time I'll try out the New Balance-- ;)

May 05, 2008 8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI.....Happy you now have the proper fotting footwear...your feet will thank you for it!! love ya!!

May 05, 2008 9:56 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Okay, so now I feel like a giant... I have both wide feet and big ones... Typically size 10 for womens... I agree New Balance is a dream... I like Adidas too, but I find most Nike are too narrow...

Are you getting back in walking gear so we can actually do it more often this summer?!?!

May 05, 2008 11:06 PM  
Blogger H said...

I have narrow long feet, and I think the same size as yours. Though I can't be sure in American sizes. I think by European sizes it's 6 and a half.

I did EXACTLY the same thing. My sneakers are a size too small. But I just hate the thought of picking up a 7. [they don't have 6 and a half]. So I ALWAS pick up a 6. And regret it forever after, till the next pair's bought and rued.

May 06, 2008 2:26 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

From the comments, I see we all have feet issues!! Sorry G--- evne H with her tiny toes is buying smaller shoes!! Next time I will be looking for New Balance,, but it will take about a year to wear these out!!

May 06, 2008 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home