Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Tsunami Aftermath






I believe in the power of prayer-- I've experienced the power in cataclysmic, life-changing ways-- so I've been waiting--for something----there were prayers for Chris in our living room-in Ethiopia-- in India--so I've been waiting---
Today whilst walking in my new LARGE sneakers-- I felt a slight shift, a gentle tug,
An image of two kites, soaring high, their strings inexorably linked, sometimes flailing wildly toward the ground, even crashing now and then,,, but today I felt a release--- the string seemed longer and the kites more stable in their flight --
I let go the torment of not knowing -- It's okay-- the hows and whys don't seem to be dragging me down so much, and as for justice--- that belongs to God!
Our souls are so strongly linked,,when I feel myself headed into the abyss of grief-- the knowledge that I'm taking him with me stops the descent-
I still have a firm grasp on the handle, letting him fly alone is not an option, and yes there is a tail of remorse and guilt,,, but...we're flying higher and he's less entangled! Make sense??

6 Comments:

Blogger mikki said...

Wow - makes so much sense I am almost struck dumb! Very powerful imagery, too. I think he's not the only one less entangled by this insight - maybe you'll be able to feel a little freer too :)

May 06, 2008 8:39 PM  
Blogger H said...

My darling Nan, of course it makes sense.

That string is time. It is your prayer. It is the bond of your love.

In it lives your love for Chris. In it lives your faith in Justice. In it lives hope, that someday, it will reveal Chris to you, in the way you'll really KNOW.

Am so deeply glad to read this from you my dearest Nan.

Oh And. Can never get over how shockingly handsome Chris is, in his brilliant crown of red. :-)

Hug.

May 07, 2008 12:23 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Yes..it makes sense. I'm so glad for you Nannan...I'll see you on the weekend. Hope you're coming with us to see our brother play the Steel Guitar...it's our 17th wedding anniversary.
Lots of love, Marsh

May 07, 2008 7:58 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Nannan..I have a confession to make.
I just don't know how to deal with the sadness that has enveloped us all.
The only way I can cope is with Humour.
Sadly, it is my sick sense of humour.
But..please believe...I have the deep feelings inside me that you all have.
My heart hurts.
And it always will.
Marsh

May 07, 2008 9:40 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Hi mikki-- Yeah, it feels freeing to me too-- as if I've removed a burden from his soul too!
My dearest H: You always get it!! and I know I'm a little biased, but I think he's gorgeous--those blue eyes-- maybe you could be my honorary daughter in law--- somehow I think he found you and connected our hearts!
Tuffysmom:Don't mean to make anyone feel sad,, the blog is my outlet, like a valve on a pressure cooker--- and I actually thought this was more "uplifting" than sad-- pardon the pun! :) see you on the weekend--

May 08, 2008 11:48 AM  
Blogger H said...

Oh I'm your girl any which way darling Nan. Though, i can't help say this [and I'm grinning] I don't mind this new angle. At all!

May 09, 2008 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home