Sunday, May 04, 2008

Out of the Mouth of "Babes"



Of all the comments that day,, it was the one from the eight year old prima diva that sticks--- right through the heart--- she's the one all the other girls emulate and vie for her attention and approval-- the one who's absorbed all the lessons about self-esteem , being unique and female assertiveness,, a very self-confident and strong-willed female,, possessing all the virtues we try so hard to instill----


When I first walked into school on Friday, reactions were varied-- from "Did you do something different to your hair?" to "Oh!, you got your hair cut", followed by pregnant pause, to "I like your new hair style."


Then I walked down the long hall to the classroom , the same class I had been in all week, pretending not to notice the elbow nudges, whispering, and pointing, UNTIL-- Queen Bee--took one look at me , and unhesitatingly commented,


"Ewww!! I liked it better before. You look like an alien!"


It was the Simon Cowell comment effect---- the pure, brutally honest comment,, devoid of diplomacy or inhibitions-- the one that matters the most!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your hair looks sweet....I wasn't at school much last week but hope you're there this week...I am there every day....yipppeee!!! Love ya!! Connie

May 04, 2008 7:31 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

I do remember how honest kids could be... and funny. Well, I for two really LIKE your hairdo!

May 05, 2008 12:18 AM  
Blogger H said...

Wow that's brutal.

And one person's honesty is another person's disbelief. Or something like that.

I really do like your new look. It's chic.

I'll try getting around to taking a pic Nan darling.

***

I think I like aliens, I've concluded.

May 05, 2008 10:55 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks--- but you already know which comment still sticks!! At least Frank is into aliens!!

May 05, 2008 7:44 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hahahahahahahah....I'm sorry Sue, but that's funny. And you look nothing like an alien. I really like your new 'do'. It's a very nice change and can't wait to see it in person on the weekend.
Marsha

May 05, 2008 10:06 PM  
Blogger Trying to be a Healthy Mom said...

lol that is the funniest thing i've heard in a while ! Kids !!
I really do like your hair :)

May 07, 2008 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home