Saturday, May 17, 2008

Of Tulips and Trailers



I promised him when we sold Winnie, this is IT-- we'll never get another one--the same words I had spoken the previous year aftr selling Shamrock-- I mean well-- just can't justify seeing all that money sitting in the driveway for fifty weeks of the year,,, so after the KEDJI-camping desire is sated,,, the need for cash kicks in....



But he should have known--as perennial as tulips in May, forcing their way through the hardened earth after a long, cold winter---so emerges the recurrent, innate urge within me to think about those two weeks of camping!!! aND THE IMPELLING ACTION WHICH ENSUES!


So it's only an 8 ft, box,, something our small Toyota can pull(when we get a towing package), so what if there's no stove or fridge-- we have that little propane camping stove and a five day cooler (as long as you don't open it)--- good price-- only three years old-- seemed to be calling our name!! Perfect for our needs--and I promise I won't want to sell it because there's not a lot of money invested in it!!
(trust me !!!)


Feeling satisfied after writing the check,, until the salesman said "Just goes to show, you can sell anything to anybody if the price is right!"

9 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

Did you want to just kick the salesman? Have a wonderful time camping.

May 17, 2008 9:59 PM  
Blogger H said...

What a wicked salesman. hahahahaha.

So you're going camping! what fun!

Have a great trip Nan. And bring back some juicy blogposts.

I need a change of scene too. Very seriously. And a fatter bank balance. And a bit of throw-in fame... etc. Not asking for much. Really. Not asking for a camping trailer and all.

May 18, 2008 1:48 AM  
Blogger mikki said...

Weird coincidence! For the last month or so I have been looking through the want ads at campers for sale... I wanna go camping so badly! I won't be buying one, though - I bought a brand new tent three years ago, and still haven't tried it out (too many pregnancies and tiny babies these last few summers). We are hoping this summer will be our chance, babies and all. So, what will you name your new home-away-from-home? I think I'd call it "Cubby" :) Anyway, I know you will not regret your purchase - you are going to have great camping fun!

May 19, 2008 1:27 AM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Eric and I had a Tent Trailer like that, and we had lots of fun, even with three kids and a cat.
We pulled that thing filled up with a little Toyota too. All the way to Nfld. Fireguy was with us that summer.
I am hoping that we can all get together this summer.
I'm fine for camping, but Jim won't be..so he may have to stay in your house!!!
No way he's staying here.

May 19, 2008 3:04 AM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

OHHHHHHHH nasty salesman!! I would have yelled at him as we were drving away, with the trailer,we have no money in that account ;)

May 19, 2008 3:48 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

WOW - great!
Let me know when you camp - maybe Sheila and I can bring our new tent - I'm sure Jessica would love to come along as well!
We came up to see it today ( Sunday May 19th), but you weren't home.

May 19, 2008 9:29 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Musings: I couldn't believe it! He knows Frank very well, so I guess his guard was down!
H: I thought about stopping payment on the cheque, but..I WANTED IT TOO BADLY!! change of scene??? TIME TO COME HOME DARLING DAUGHTER AND MEET YOUR CANADIAN FOLKS!! YOU CAN COME CAMPING WITH US!
Mikki:: Great minds think alike-- we'll set it up for you in Ellenwood or in our front yard! We'd love to meet Todd and the kids, and I think we're due for a family reunion!!
Tuffysmom: this isn't anywhere as fancy as yours--no sink, furnace, stove, fridge-- it's only a glorified tent on wheels! But we have lots of empty beds in the house!
Funnyface: Yeah, I was yelling inside and I did call him on it--but I still like it, and Frank is happy that I settled for something cheap!!!
Fireguy: We won't have it here for a couple of weeks-- need a trailer hitch-- do you have one..hint hint!

May 20, 2008 12:07 PM  
Blogger H said...

Coming... coming... how soon? I don't know. But I'm coming.

May 20, 2008 2:09 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

I'm so excited!!!!!!! I want to SHOUT!!!!!

May 20, 2008 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home