Thursday, May 01, 2008

Not Quite Empty!!!

For the first time in our conjoined lives,, Frank and I find ourselves alone---excepting of course Billy the farting dog, and Stoopy and Oedipus, our anti-social felines--
The problem is ---- Now that we have all this alone time and space to do whatever we want,,, well,,, we don't really -----er,, uh,, oh yeah, my offspring may read this--- We don't even like the same tv programs--- I'm sure when we were first dating, the space channel wasn't on 24/7!!! It used to be more important to be together in the same room than watching our favourite programs---So on a typical evening, such as this,,, I'm in the bedroom watching reality television of some sort, and Frank is at the computer playing Luxor whilst Star Trek or some such alien show is keeping him company in the living room-- Gotta go watch Survivor!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Tuffysmom said...

My God....our stories are identical!!!! (Except for the farting dog).
And I am usually in the bedroom watching TV on the little TV..how come I don't get the HDTV?
Something has gone awry. hehehehe.
As an afternote, I would like to add that you and Mikki have weird names for your cats.
Stoopy, Oedipus, Moochie and Frederick???????
What's with that?
Now, Tuffy and Buddy...those are cat's names that make some sort of sense...(:-

May 01, 2008 8:37 PM  
Blogger H said...

Well you have a farting dog at least.

And you've cut your hair! So have I!! See. you can always derive pleasure out of these small futile things, when the larger things seem... umm... what's the word...?

Oh well. Here's a hug anyway. HUG.

May 02, 2008 2:35 AM  
Blogger H said...

I have to add. You look really nice with short hair. Very pretty pic.

May 02, 2008 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see you've returned!!! I love your blogs and have had you all in my thoughts this past month and always!! love ya...Connie

May 02, 2008 7:46 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

I've just discovered your blog and am enjoying it. I can relate to your experience of being an empty nester.

May 02, 2008 7:52 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Tuffysmom: I guess having the bed supercedes the big TV! We'll have to get another big screen for the bedroom--
h: Thanks for the hug and compliment-- I'd love to see a picture of your new do!
Hey Connie-- it's nice to be back,, now it's your turn!
Musings:Welcome to my blog-- I'm on my way over now to pay you a visit..

May 04, 2008 6:32 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

Oh my! This is so much fun. I'm becoming a blog addict. My husband and I visited Nova Scotia a few years ago and LOVED it! Loved the people most of all. One sight that blew our minds that we didn't even expect to see was this HUGE rock that was leaning over the ocean but not falling in. Hmmm... I'll have to figure out where that was exactly.

May 05, 2008 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home