Saturday, September 15, 2007

Chapter Two

Friday was bittersweet--- the last official day of picking up Aussie from his babysitter's as we have done every day for the past two and a half years--- Can you believe he is starting school on Monday?? Pre-primary !!! They keep pushing up the dates when kids can enter the school system--- soon they'll just have the school bus stop at the delivery room!!
I knew it had to happen someday-- just wasnt prepared for the emotions -- but it's not about me--- he's so ready to experience all that life has to offer and face every new challenge--- it reminds me of the day I left Michael in Ottawa---- So sad,, but so necessary--- going through a new door--- and letting go!!
And this is a picture of his new friend Taylor,,, the Sunday morning after the Saturday night he met her down on the waterfront concert--- they danced for hours---- she wanted him to sleepover at her nanny's house,,, he begged, pleaded all the way to her house--- the only way we could appease the two of them was for Taylor's granny to promise she would bring her over to our house early Sunday morning!! Watch out Mandy,, he's a girl magnet!!!



4 Comments:

Blogger H said...

a rolicking girl-magnet.

And she's such a pretty girl! they make such a sweet pair.

I still tell people about what he said to his teacher about his mum's wedding... "I got married last weekend" [or some such!]

Awww Nan, cheer up.

September 16, 2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger Trying to be a Healthy Mom said...

Aww Nannan ,,, I feel the same way trust me .. Its bittersweet for me too . When I first heard of the idea and thought about Austin leaving everything that he knows .. Seeing you and Papa every day and Barb .. Well it was very emotional here as well , but I know that he is ready .. and pre primary is all about fun and learning through play with friends .. Which i knew he was ready for ..
Its sad though .. Aussies growing up sp fast.. Some day soon im sure that he will come home from school with a little girlfriend .. .
Anyways nan , We will give you a call tomorrow night so you can talk to Aussie after the first day and we will chat then .. Love you very much :)

September 16, 2007 4:05 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Oh, I hope he enjoyed his first day. It's hard I know, the grow up so fast. However, I kind of like that idea of picking them up from the delivery room! Never too early to start learning...hahaha. But he's just adorable!

September 20, 2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Oh no not a girl magnet already, hard to believe that he has started pre-primary already...where the heck has the time got to?

September 22, 2007 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home