Monday, June 25, 2007

The Fabric of My Life !!


Is Freaking Orange Shag !!!!!!!

My first apartment in Wolfville--1971--- orange shag rug to go with Wurlitzer 45 record player----It worked in the 70's----
House on James Street---wall to wall orange carpeting--- Big house,,, lots of orange to go with the big bold green and orange flowered wallpaper
didn't like it then-- outdated---
ripped it up one day to reveal not so great hardwood floors, worn down to their final mm----

so I knew Winnie was meant for me---- the moment the door opened!!!
I hate orange--but it seems to be a recurring theme in my life--

To my offspring,, forget the fancy coffin--wrap me up in orange shag!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger houseband00 said...

I think Orange is a fine and happy color, Nan. =)

June 25, 2007 9:23 PM  
Blogger Trying to be a Healthy Mom said...

Nanan .. Orange is one of my favorite colors !!Love the carpet !!

June 25, 2007 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Winnie is gorgeous and will give you lots of fun and happy memories!!! xo CJ

June 30, 2007 4:47 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

*LOL* I remembe rthe orange carpeting on James street..that was awful...enjoy winnie

July 04, 2007 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home