Sunday, April 29, 2007

"Where oh where can my little car be?"


So I walk out of Wal-Mart this rainy afternoon, having taken advantage of the newly allowed Sunday shopping-- those darn informercials woke me up last night and hooked me into listening to Kevin Trudeau promote his newest novel-- something about new natural cures, secrets finally revealed--- especially the part about acid reflux (Frank) and high cholesterol (me)---caught my ear.
Sure enough,, just as he said, the book was available at Wal-Mart--- but the cover price was thirty dollars, and the informercial said if you call that 800 number right away, the book would be sent free,,, so I couldn't justify spending all that moolah-- but I did sneak a few free peeks..picked it up an put it back about ten times, before I decided that maybe I'll get lucky and be woken up by that infomercial again---- if I can REMEMBER what channel the TV was on!!!!
As I walked out the front door of said superstore,, I knew instantly I was in trouble-- had no idea from which direction I had parked--- so I sauntered,, at first casually so as not to draw attention from the "waiting in car people"... around the lot, as if I was out for a Sunday stroll,,, then desperation and panic set in as I realized that little red Echo was NOT in the whole parking lot !!
SOMEONE HAD STOLEN MY CAR--
AS I HEADED BACK TOWARDS THE STORE, INTENDING TO PHONE MY PERSONAL 911-- FRANK----
IT OCCURRED TO ME!!
I was driving Jennah's blue yaris!!
As for Kevin Trudeau,,, I wonder if he has a cure for memory loss!!

8 Comments:

Blogger H said...

Hahahahahaaaa. that thing with a few free peeks is an OLD childhood trick. A very enjoyable one. Grin. All the better when you put on your most formidable, ‘I’m a snotty cow who can’t be bothered with bookstore rules’ look, or the ‘Oh dear! You mean I’m not supposed to read it here?’ look. But there’s nothing like reading in a room full of books, with that book-scent thing that hangs in the air. Yum yum yum.

Well that book better come free, Mr. Kevin Trudeau, after all that. Cracked up at the thought of you sauntering carefully, very purposefully lost.

April 29, 2007 11:15 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hahahaha...good story. I can just see you as you started to panic. Reminds me of the time I walked all the way home from work (in Greenwood) only to realized I had taken the car...had to walk all the way back to get it. And I was young then!
As for memory loss...forget it...I can't even remember what movie I watched yesterday!!!!

April 30, 2007 7:30 AM  
Blogger houseband00 said...

I, too, am so guilty of casual browsing. Though I suspect some bookstores do allow the practice because of that one dog-eared uncellophaned copy that always is on the front of the pile.

I also have the same problem with my house keys, but I always have the key goblins to blame. =)

April 30, 2007 8:55 AM  
Blogger mikki said...

*snicker* *snicker* That's what I have Eric and Jamie for... they always remember where I parked the car, so I don't have to wander around pretending I know where I'm going. I try to avoid going anywhere without one of them :o) They're not always right, though - once, they let me get into someone else's Matrix. I knew the second I saw how clean it was inside that I was in the wrong car. They laughed their heads off at me - evil children!

April 30, 2007 11:17 AM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

*giggles*...It happens to everyone Aunt Sue...Love ya

April 30, 2007 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my goodness....as if you didn't craclk me up enought this am about the Frank and Kent saga......now this...I am roaring!! THat is too funny!!! I love your descripitive writing....you're so gifted!!! Hope you're in soon!! I love seeing you and miss you when you're not there!!! THanks for that great hug this am...it was so nice and love filled!!!

April 30, 2007 9:21 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

This blog was written April 29..it is now May 10...where are you?
Sob sob sob...Come back to us.

May 10, 2007 1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

November 10, 2008 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home