Sunday, April 15, 2007

We Say Good-bye, You Say Hello .....



Hey Chris,


Billy and I walked to the cemetery today to pay homage to you and Kurt ! I'm sure you were there to welcome him across and show him all the ropes-- he was such a great influence --- after you died, I read voraciously, all things kurt-- Cat's Cradle, Slaughterhouse five, Galapogos, and more whose names I can't quite recall--- thinking the more words of his I read, the closer I could connect to you-as if reading the same words you had read at one time would keep you here with me--- with only Billy to accompany me, my thoughts went places I try to avoid, but it is that time of year--- and this morning I watched a tv tribute to the man---
it took me back to those days,, four years ago, as vivid in my mind as if it were only yesterday!
As I walked, I wondered who is part of your karass now,,, or the many karasses you are undoubetdly a part of---
I imagine you with Pa, watching his favourite wrestler and cheering Philip along with boxing,
Dropping by to visit Mom and meeting her family.
You and Max learning all kinds of new and exciting things, yet never too far from your families left behind-
Jamming with Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrisson--- Watch out for your cousin Paul in Afghanistan..
I know you still keep an eye on us,
Dad told me about the light show last week when he was at Phil's apartment-- keep watching out for him-
and Austin too!!
So today, I say a special prayer for you and Kurt!!
Love, your mama ...
"For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, It might have been." Kurt Vonnegut

5 Comments:

Blogger houseband00 said...

What a fitting tribute, Nan. =)

It's great to read about how one person's work affects everyone differently. Have you read my Dad's? (http://vongut.blogspot.com/2007/04/kurt-vonnegut.html)

Yes, and Chris will always be lovingly looking after you and your family, just like how M does to us. =)

April 15, 2007 9:32 PM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

So touching Sue.I know he is still watching over,those he loves.

April 16, 2007 3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Certain days always hold so much for us....I will never think of April again without remembering Chris!!

Love you!!

April 16, 2007 6:08 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

Very nice, fitting tribute.

April 16, 2007 6:44 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Hello Dear HB: It never ceases to amaze me how connected we really all are--- I'm jumping over to view your dad's writing on Kurt asap! I wouldn't be surprised if Chris and M have somehow made a connection too!!! Thanks for your kind words!

Funnyface, anon, and fireguy-- thank-you- love you--- and April does seem to be a memorable month--Easter, Passove, Waco, Colombine, Oklahoma bombing, and now the horrible shootings in VA---

April 16, 2007 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home