Saturday, April 07, 2007

Bunny Tales !!


Been substituting alot--- Last Thursday,, before the Easter holdiday weekend,, I was in a Grade Two classroom-- we had an Easter party of sorts in the pm--- couldn't help but wonder what the sweetest little girl from Iraq must have thought of a bunny delivering chocolate eggs --- rabbits?? eggs?? When you've grown up with the tradition, I suppose it just seems normal-- then i remember trying to explain to our Baha'i friends, newly arrived as refugees from Iran about twenty years ago---how silly it seemed !!! What do eggs have to do with rabbits??
There is a walking trail through the woods near our home that borders Riverside Cemetery--- Frank and I had walked it regularly with Billy--- then after Chris died, the walk took on special significance-- especially the days after the headstone had been ordered--- We didn't know exactly when it would be there,,, so we approached with trepidation, wanting to see it,, and dreading to see it--- On the day we first saw the stone,, well,, it's a sight no parent is ever ready to accept--- so after the tears, we headed home-- the trail is rectangular ,, and as we turned up the last ninety degree corner, Frank whispered Shhhh!!! Look!! Even Billy stood still-- There , just ahead , at the highest point of the trail was an adult brown hare- standing erect on his hind legs and looking to the right, as if a statue----- As we watched in awe, the rabbit turned and stood the other way, looking to its left. It all happened in a matter of seconds,, and the rabbit scurried away--- not a usual occurrence!! Suddenly it made sense !!
Our tears turned to laughter--just the sort of thing Chris would arrange and somehow it felt as if he was walking along with us , pulling his usual pranks!!!!
PS: Mandy has some clearer pictures of our skating excursion!!
PPS: They're giving a winter storm warning--- isn't this spring???

5 Comments:

Blogger Fireguy said...

I thought it was Christmas this morning - not Easter.
Happy Easter - love you guys!

April 08, 2007 1:33 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Hey Nan.

Happy Easter! I was just out walking my typical loop today, nice to be home.... I find it so much nicer and easier going out for a walk here than up north for some reason...

If you are free for coffee sometime this week give me a shout... not much on the go for most of the week other than hair appointment tomorrow morning downtown... so give me a shout, I think you know the number!

G.

April 08, 2007 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried blogging a comment yesterday and no way would it accept me....

I think Chris wished you a Happy Easter with that bunny appearance....cool!! :)))Even Billy knew that was special!!

I had company for Easter but all is clear now...ready for another busy week at school.

Hope you're in soon...have a great week!!

April 09, 2007 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish we could manage a time to see G!!

April 09, 2007 8:50 PM  
Blogger Trying to be a Healthy Mom said...

I was sure that it was christmas morning when i looked outside !!
That is my favorite easter picture , i was at work last week looking for an easter picture for my IM and that one was the first that popped up .. I knew where i had seen it before :)

April 11, 2007 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home