Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring, Spring, Wherefore art thou ??






This morning's view from our front door--- everything shrouded in white, pure, crisp, beautiful----and I do mean morning--- not just anything can get me out of bed early on a cold Sunday morning when I should be snuggled under the comforter watching Coronation Street-- BUT--
my Aussie was going to the rink this morning--- his first time on skates--- an event too important to miss!!! I even bought a pair of skates--haven't been skating in decades--- and as it turns out,, I still haven't been skating in decades--- seems it takes more than the passage of time to turn into a smooth, graceful skater--
and poor Austin---
let's just say, maybe the next time will be better!!! It looks so easy,,, next year we'll try again sooner in the season,, meanwhile, my new skates are going back to the store tomorrow!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Trying to be a Healthy Mom said...

Nanan skating was so much fun ! We're so glad that you could make it , Hopefully they took your skates back though .. Anyways i will have some pictures posted soon !

March 26, 2007 4:21 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Mom on skates!!! I'm not sure if I've ever been blessed with such a sight!!! Nice to see back in the blogging fold!

March 26, 2007 9:33 PM  
Blogger H said...

Wow. That. looks. Like. Snow.
~Shudder~

Thankfully it’s getting hot in Delhi. Which is always a good thing for H. hahaHA.

But Nan, wow, you must’ve been skating like a bullet cause that pic’s blurred with all the fast action

;-)

March 27, 2007 7:23 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

HI Nanan ,,, I posted the good pics that I took on my blog for you to see :)

March 27, 2007 9:29 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

hey Nan.... long time no hear...
Nice to see you blogging again, I missed you... I can't skate either... used to go once a year for Milton school skate but never really got the knack...

Nice pic from your window, looks pretty mild... maybe I could get you to do a few pics in about a week so I can see what kind of clothes to pack for my trip home! LOL!

Gillian

March 28, 2007 12:25 AM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

I don't think I've ever seen you o n skates either, actually, I don't recall ever sseing my mother on a pair of skates...perhaps my inability to skate stems from her????
oh well...I bet Austin had fun, and I bet you did to.
Love ya lots,
Tam

March 29, 2007 9:57 AM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

The skating picture is blurry - but must have been fun!

March 29, 2007 9:48 PM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

You're so brave. I haven't skating in years. I would need pillow for butt,helmet for head, and a chair to hang on to...

March 30, 2007 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww i love you mrs amon :)

marlana

April 01, 2007 1:45 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

So I guess the new question is:

"Nan, Nan, wherefore art thou Nan???"

Counting down the days till I have my Easter Break! If you're free we'll have to do coffee or lunch? (I arrive in Yarmouth the 7th and leave on the 15th...

April 02, 2007 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home