Saturday, January 13, 2007

Inspired !!!!

To the left, the very cluttered view from my bed-- into the hall at the head of the stairs,,Where many a night I have fastened my gaze in the hope that I would catch a vision of Chris coming home, hear the door close, Billy's tail wagging, and his footsteps headed towards the bathroom, just off to the right--- thinking that if I tried hard enough, he would appear , as they do on soap operas or movies---
I need to hold on to the memory of his coming home --
tonight he stands majestically at the head of the stairs---- The painting from Beth feels somewhat like a homecoming----- Her parents delivered it to us from Ottawa--- but it didn't really originate there-- it was truly inspired---- through Beth-She named it 25, 26----
I thought it was because Chris was 25
when he died on April 26----
No, She was 25 when she finished it on April 26!!!
How could she have known the significance of the archer--- it was the poem by Kahlil Gibran that inspired my wedding message to Michael---- and the colours---- my colours-- so thank-you Beth,, and thank you Chris---- When I looked up the meaning of "inspired", - to fill with an animating, quickening, or exalting influence--- there was an unexpected description---"to breathe life into or upon" Welcome home!!


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the poem. How true it is. I really just recently learned that thru a private incident with Mikki. Imagine, 61 and still stupid!!!!
But, hopefully I am learning.
Love you Nannan.

January 13, 2007 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

. I too read the poem it is nice .. I cant wait to see the picture that was so nice of them to deliver it to you ! .

January 14, 2007 8:43 AM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

What a wonderful painting, and poem.Thank you so much for sharing.

January 14, 2007 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such a great gift... not just a painting, but a memorial of sorts to Chris.

I'll have to go visit on a walk in the summer and see it.
G.

January 14, 2007 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That painting is beautiful Nan.

truly inspired!

And that is a very goose-bump worthy coincidence! 25-26.

full-up. Chris really is looking out for his family. Always. finding ways to touch them. reach them. send them his love.Always.

January 14, 2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Tuffysmom: There's always something new to learn,, but I'm in the forgetting stage----
Aussiesmama: You can't miss it-- open the door and it hits you in the face, or heart!
Funnyface: Thanks-- hopefully you'll see it this week???
Northernlight: Yes, it is a memorial to the tremendous effect his short life had on those who knew him and could see through his demons--like you-- soul seers--
H: You are an inspiration and a blessing--- so true about that goose-bump thingie-- a sixth sense detector-- happens to me all the time and just know---- I can feel him looking out for us--- and am reassured and heartened-- love to you always!!

January 14, 2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Hi Connie; it's still unimaginable that they're not coming home again--yes, what a treat to meet Ann and Larry-- Beth is an incredible person!!

January 14, 2007 4:22 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

it's a wondeful painting

January 14, 2007 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nan,

It seems that Chris is still really looking after you. =)

God bless, Nan!

January 14, 2007 7:56 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thank-you Tam and HB--- I know his love is with us---

January 14, 2007 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home