Thursday, December 07, 2006

How Many Children do you Have?


It was an innocent enough question, asked casually to me by the guy working out on the leg lift machine next to me---- about six months after Chris died and I had garnered the strength to face the world, that was somehow still revolving and carrying on with one less red head---
It took me so by surprise---
I burst into tears, covered my face, and couldn't figure out how to answer that simple question-- the question that had always been rather complicated anyway---
I had worked it out to say-"Three sets of two"-- Math being my favourite subject-- 3 x 2 =6
I had two boys, my husband had two boys, then we had a girl and a boy--- so it was a complicated six----
But now I had to rethink so many things---
How many children do I have?--
While I"m a blubbering idiot, the poor guy beside me, Gerald, the nicest man in the universe, is berating himself, apologizing and just wishing he could somehow erase the question---
poor guy-- he smiles and walks on by whenever he sees me in public--
Don't blame him--- I've reworked it all out though, so I'm prepared --
"Three sets of two--- scattered all over the place!"

In fact , if you take a trip to Mike's blog, you'll see pictures of now "four" Amons populating the continent of Australia!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely pic, Nan. If somebody else asks the same question next time, just say six. You don't have to explain--unless they ask. :-)

December 07, 2006 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter where your children are you still will always have 6 children . Chris will Always be with you in heart , soul and especially spirit ..

December 07, 2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Hi Lizza-- it's one of my fav. pics, even though I obviously superimposed the two boys on the end-- there I go explaining again-- happy days--good memories-- love them all.

Hi Mandy:-It took some time to realize he wasn't really lost forever-- it just seems that way!

December 07, 2006 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi nannan , take a look at the picture in my blog today .. hopefully your weekend goes good with your windows .. tim will see you tomorrow and i will see you monday ! have a good weekend !

December 07, 2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

I agree with lizza,and aussiesmama.
Congratulations on the new Grand baby,she's a keeper :))

December 07, 2006 9:30 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

that is the correct answer..five gold stars to you Aunt Sue..
Lots of Love,
Tammie

December 07, 2006 11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And a very gorgeous family you have Nan. You look positively radiant in this pic.

saving it.

December 09, 2006 1:13 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks funnyface and K&S:Love to both of you and our ever-expanding family!!

And H: If I come back as a spiritual orb,I choose this picture to look like,,, actually, I'd rather look like Angelina Jolie, but then how would you kmow it was me!! It was a very happy time for me--- ;)

December 09, 2006 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home