Saturday, November 18, 2006

Windfall !!



Last night Frank and I, along with Traveling Man, braved the fierce elements-- pounding rain & wind, to hear the maiden performance of Fireguy's group, Windfall!! They were great, a few minor kinks to iron out, but overall, a fine group of talented musicians--- I'm especially partial to the songs that Jim sings, and what a treat to hear the steel guitar played well!!

Unfortunately, Frank and I didn't dare to take to the dance floor-- it has been years since we've danced and you know that expression, "Use it, or lose it!"--- It's lost!!!

Since we don't own an umbrella, I put one of those grocery plastic bags over my head to keep the rain from ruining my "do", and as we were picking up Dad , Frank says, "I only take her out when she has a bag over her head!"

Anway, well done brother Jim,, and I'm looking forward to your next gig---- but where was Funnyface??

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming out - and thanks for the kind comments.
Glad it stopped raining when we were packing up.

November 18, 2006 11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Sheesh..can't get used to Google owning this site. Now, as I was saying. You know you're getting old when you put a plastic bag over your head to avoid the rain..that's one of the signs.
I know I'm getting old because I am starting to watch CBC ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

November 19, 2006 3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NAAAAANNNNN! how could you say you didn't dare get on the dance flooooor!

you should've! You're to provide me inspiration for days when I think I will finally go dancing... because nobody I like hanging with seems to ever like going dancing. which is why i keep my dancing plans for 'some day ahead'. So next time you know what you have to do... post a pic of you taking the floor by storm. [rah rah rah go girl!]

November 19, 2006 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's all go dancing, then! =)

Ooo-weee! Ooo-weee! =D

November 19, 2006 8:56 AM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

I really hated missing out Friday night.I've been sick with a sore throat, and a bad chest cold.I'm so sore from coughing.
But if we would of gone,I would of danced my butt off.

November 19, 2006 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home