Saturday, October 21, 2006

V Day- tomorrow !!

Mema comes home tomorrow!!! Verdict Day !! Her room is put back together, ceilings and walls painted, drapes cleaned and all knick-knacks sparkling----- Two problems though---- Say it ain't orange !!!! and of course the missing red vase, that used to sit on top of the china cabinet just out of view on the right---- its pieces now reposing in landfill !!

Sometimes it's what people DON'T say that speaks volumes, you know when you have just had a haircut and they look at you with furrowed brows and say," Oh, You got your hair cut!" AND LEAVE IT AT THAT!! And what you really want to hear is an immediate and resounding "Oh , your hair looks so nice!" or some such equivalent----

So last night, Frank's brother Bruce and his girlfriend stop by to discuss new doors and such, they both look at the room wide eyed, and say
"My, you guys have been busy----- she'll like how clean it is--------
-BUT NOW SHE'LL NEED NEW CURTAINS !!!! "

What's wrong with these curtains,,,, doesn't green go with or,,er,, tan?? What was she trying to imply?---
I was hoping to hear such phrases as :
"Wow, what a difference-- I love the beige colour!!" (With deep feeling !! )
OR-- "It's so much homier and cosy--- the colour looks so nice--- perfect!!! "

SOMETHING AT LEAST ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE COLOUR!!
NOT JUST THAT IT LOOKS CLEAN!!

I think I'd better start cooking her favourite meal for tomorrow-----

14 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

You are a gem of a friend--- always there -- hope you're having a great weekend---

October 21, 2006 6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I think everything looks just wonderful. I'm sure she'll appreciate the room, not only because it's beautiful, but because she'll see that you put a lot of hard work into it.

October 21, 2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks Lizza, but could you be a tad partial to orange--- oh, did I say the O word?? ;)

October 21, 2006 6:55 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

I bet she'll be tickled "pink" - hahahahahahaha

October 21, 2006 8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job, Nan. Looks absolutely beautiful!

Don't worry about pleasing Mema, ok?

=)

October 22, 2006 12:43 AM  
Blogger mikki said...

The room looks gorgeous - and you guys work so fast! I'm sure Mema is going to be very happy. So... when can you come "across the Pond" to do my rec room? *wink*

October 22, 2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

I think it looks wonderful.You guys are so great, to have done this for her.
I know she will love it,so don't worry!!!!

Love Cheryl

October 22, 2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger Tymber said...

The room is gorgeous and Mema will love it. No worries and no sweat

Love you!

October 22, 2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

It's not Orange or pink...mind you it's not quite beige either, but it looks really nice..I just don't know what color I would say it is..I like it though...so you know it's not pink because I hate pink...I think Mema s going to love it.

October 22, 2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I am sure that mema will love it -- but just in case maybe you should start cooking her favorite meal .. and desert - I love the color , whatever color it is orange or beige ! I cant wait to hear how Mema liked it though .

October 22, 2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

You should also be glad that Mema has not been introduced to the blog world --- she would alrteady be onto you before she was home !! .

October 22, 2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks everybody---- she said she loved it--- phew!! and Dad said the colour was ecru !!!!

October 22, 2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger H said...

Nanstah.. that colour is errr just simply... errr... marvellously orangy... pinky... BEIGE.

Yep.

That's it! it's that weird shade of beige I haven't seen in a long long time!

October 24, 2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hahaha..trust Dad to come up with the colour 'ecru'. The room looks absolutely beautiful.
And Nannan, I would be wary of accepting Mikki's offer to do her 'rec' room..just a thought.

October 24, 2006 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home