Thursday, October 26, 2006

Survival of the Fittest !!

How was your day, he asked with trepidation as I limped down the front steps of the school, with a pained expression-- every step an exercise in agony!!! The only thing working now is my fingers--- they get a good workout every night--
So here's the lowdown--
All that was really required of me was to press the pause button on the stereo every two minutes as the students moved through 8 rotating stations-- a fitness circuit all set up, ready to go--- skipping ropes, weights for those bicep curls, mats for push ups, leg lifts , and crunches----- The teacher had it all set up-- no brainer--- except:

I couldn't figure out how to start the CD player!!!

One of the Grade threes showed me,shame shame---
so the music starts---- circuit moving to the disco beat, and I remember my own skipping days,wax nostalgic--- so I just had to show off, couldn't leave it alone and just watch the clock, no, that's all I had to do-- watch the clock and press pause---
No , I have to demonstrate my skipping skills, forwards, backwards, pepper, two feet, hopping, and double dutch!!
Four periods of phys ed--- Hey, I can do this, i'm thinking, forgetting that it has been about 46 years since those skipping muscles have seen action------ I'm going to try to crawl into bed--I've become inactivated again!!
But it was a great day!!!!


6 Comments:

Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Oh my God..skipping??? I would have an immediate heart attack. And, hey, I wasn't good at it all!!!
Double Dutch always did me in.
Triple stars for doing it though...two thumbs up!

October 26, 2006 10:54 PM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

Oh you are brave.If I tried to skip rope,I fear I'd have a accident.
Good job.Hope your not so lame tomorrow.

Love Cheryl

October 26, 2006 11:34 PM  
Blogger mikki said...

I'm afraid to skip rope these days - ya never know what might fly out of control and hurt somebody... I commend your courage :o)

October 27, 2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Ouch..well at leadst you know you can still do it!!!

October 27, 2006 12:30 PM  
Blogger Just-Me said...

that is so funny! Wish I could have seen that..Maybe you could do phys ed. at your old stomping ground and we'd be able to see it first hand! :) In-service today..ljlc, myself and a few others had a fun lunch today..I'm sure we were so loud going in the Quick and Tasty that they must have thought we were nuts..and they'd have been right! :)

October 27, 2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger H said...

Aww nan. take a warm hug. crawl in bed and sleep it off. But you rock girl! Even I am not that active... so hats off to you.

October 28, 2006 3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home