Monday, October 02, 2006

The Lotus of Bahapur


I'm wondering if H in India has seen this structure in New Delhi. There is a House of Worship on each of the continents, all unique architecturally, to relate to the country in which they are built, yet all of them follow certain requirements--- basically circular in design , open to all directions--- nine sides to signify the nine major world religions, and inside the scriptures of all the religions are read--- They are Houses of Worship for all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, status, etc. Physical manifestations of the spiritual concept that we are all the leaves of one tree, the fruits of one garden, the waves of one sea----- The earth is one country and mankind its citizens------
As I worry and wonder how Houseband fared through the storm, and think about H , Lizza, and all the others on my blogblock, I am reminded over and over how the differences between us are superficial and ephemeral, and what connects us is the essence of who we are, our hurts, hopes, fears, joys, and caring for each other--------

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nan,

Such marvelous architecture. I remember back in school, we had an esquisse concerning a multi-sectarian house of worship. I guess my professor was trying to tell us something that now you have beautifully re-explained.

Thanks, friend Nan. =)

October 02, 2006 10:34 PM  
Blogger H said...

Yes NanNan, I've seen the Bahai temple. It's a major tourist spot in Delhi. It was very close to G's office in Delhi, and I'd drive past it each day to get home.

I haven't been inside though since the first time I went there when I was perhaps ten or eleven. the last time we were there was to shoot a video in May ... just from outside.

Thank you Nan, for this lovely post. thank you for your loving thoughts. every bit is equally reciprocated. I wonder too, at how we've come to be so fond of one another. When HB disappeared, I fretted and fretted till he wrote back. That's when it hit me yet again... gosh. you're actually boundaries away from people who you think about so often!

I am glad for blog and my friend NG who introduced me to it, and all you guys who've become so much a part of my life... virtually.

grin.

wow. and now I'm done with my verbosity.

love and HUGS.

October 03, 2006 7:48 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 03, 2006 1:16 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

gorgeous architecture... looks like a very peaceful spot..

Still not feeling very "talkative" or could we say "type-ative" today... LOL

G.

October 03, 2006 1:17 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks HB-- the architect was an Iranian born CAnadian citizen !!
and my dear H--- NG deserves a big hug from me, for catapulting you into the blogosphere---- maybe world peace will be achieved through the blog world !!!! :)

October 03, 2006 6:41 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

That is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing...Lots of love, Marsh

October 03, 2006 9:15 PM  
Blogger Lizza said...

That is a lovely building, and you are a lovely soul.

Thanks for thinking of us over here. :-)

October 07, 2006 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home