Saturday, October 14, 2006

Gold in Them Hills

It's only now I can listen to this song without tears--- most people don't even think he's that great, Ron Sexsmith, that is --- but he touched our hearts----only a few months after Chris died, Frank was following me in mom's car with his old beater upper truck, whose radio could only tune into the local CJLS station,, the one I usually listen to, but he prefers CBC and talk programs------ On that day, a haunting voice sang a song I had never heard before, but i heard it that day, as if Chris was singing in my ear--------- and I knew it meant something----- when those goosebumps appear, heart skips, and breathing stops momentarily----- When we reached mom's to return her car, Frank opened his truck door , with tears streaming down his face, hugged my sobbing frame and wiped away my tears----------- You heard it too!!!!!!





Get music codes at Bolt.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

I love this part of the song...

And if we'd get up off our knees
Why then we'd see the forest for the trees
And we'd see the new sun rising
Over the hills on the horizon

Horizon makes me think of sunsets and sunrises just like H's story of the brilliant glowing red...

Thanks for haring this!
G.

October 15, 2006 1:40 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks guys,, the lines that most struck a chord were"Give the day a chance to begin" so many night I prayed to not wake up, and hearing that song was the beginning of a turning point---- i'm still turning.

October 15, 2006 12:36 PM  
Blogger H said...

Just heard the song.

It's beautiful. simply beautiful.

October 16, 2006 2:40 AM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

I remember, that song. It's one of those ones that runs right through you and stays with you at the same time.
Love you.
Tammie

October 16, 2006 9:41 PM  
Blogger H said...

heard this again and again... really like it. thanks for posting it.

October 18, 2006 3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home