Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Better Late than Never !!!

I am writing with a much lightened heart, some weighty burden has been lifted, so when I speak of Chris, know that I am celebrating his life and am not in a bad place emotionally,,, thanks to all of you!!
Poor Chris, I am always pleading with him to leave me just one more "bouquet"---and God knows I have received gardens----- and absolutely never when I expect it--- for example---
this picture was taken on Feb. 02, 2004,,, the first birthday after his death--- All day I waited for something, anything, some kind of sign, but as the day ended, so did my hopes -- it was a difficult day, but I took a picture of the sunset on that day, for whatever reason-- posterity-- to memorialize his birthday in some way---
After reading H's story, I thought about that picture, and found it archived on an old CD---- Sure looks like a Ruby Sunset to me !!!!!

"Tell mama, that at every ruby sunset, when the Sun is aglow with red, I will be by her side, watching her beautiful smile.” H, Ruby Sunset



8 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

So, interesting how things are happening around us in different places and times that we don't seem to be aware of and then with one revelation, there are so many other pieces of our broken and confusing lives that just fit together...

This story is like the cover on the puzzle, one that help us know what the puzzle is supposed to look like in the end, and it helps guide us to fitting the pieces back together...

Such a wonderful present! Enjoy!
G.

October 11, 2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

That reminds me so much of a dream that Mikki had , where Chris appeared, and when her husband was still alive-- maybe she will share it in a post, if not, that's ok--what you say is so true--- and the meaning of karass becomes so clear as it makes itself apparent----

October 11, 2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

It is so funny how the puzzle fits together now - that is a beautiful sunset ..

October 12, 2006 8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nan..This is a wonderful blog. I'm reading back a few and this really awesome. Thanks for letting me in on this. I've enjoyed our conversations so much...look forward to more.
~~JustMoi~~ :)
PS..I've posted on a another blog..i think you know what I mean..check it out....posted under the Sweeney Incident... :)

October 12, 2006 5:16 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Mandy--- it seems even more beautiful now, than it did on that day, thanks to H !!!

Just-moi: Glad you found us :)---enjoyed talking to you today---hint to ljlc--I had a lot of talking time today , in staff room!!! another hint--

October 12, 2006 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Nan,

After reading H's post and after reading all your comments on it, it made me realize that regardless of the great distances that separate us, we all still are able to share more love and concern than we get from people who live down the street and around the corner.

It's phenomenal, really. Truly is.

=)

October 12, 2006 8:07 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

That's so true HB-- at the computer,we wear no mask, game face, or hidden agenda--- it's heart to heart!!!

October 12, 2006 10:10 PM  
Blogger H said...

Dear Nanster, emailed you. :-)

October 13, 2006 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home