Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Today , it REALLY is .......


I know, yada,yada, yada, blah, blah, blah, it's so oversaid, but today, it really and truly applied-- I drove by the school this morning on an errand, saw all the cars in the parking lot, and for the first time since I haven't been teaching, it felt real---- because until June, I still had MY class, MY students, MY name on the door-- and summer doesn't count, because that's the free cycle anyway--

but today as I drove past Meadowfields, I pictured the staff meeting,long agenda, new faces, summer talk--- and first day jitters------- and it felt so good to be driving on by!!! I heaved a huge sigh of relief, and for once in my life, well twice, I didn't second guess a decision----



Now all they have to do is update the website from five years ago, then I'll know it's really over!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

Interesting.... I can't imagine ever being able to retire... I am a bit envious, to already be finished years of successful impressionist painting on the minds of students!

I think for my own sanity, I am happy to be on a 3/4 sabbatical plan. This is my second year of 3/4 and in 2008-09, I will have the school year off with pay. My plans that year are far from confirmed but the knowledge of a year off is what drives me through these difficult days!

G.

September 05, 2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Hi LJLC:Thanks for sending Mar with the mail, to face Billy--but next time, I'll be looking for you!!! I'll really be thinking of you all tomorrow---It'll be fine, it always is, anticipation is always worse-- A class blog is a good idea-- it could work as easily as a web page-- speak to Paul or whoever the tech person is!
And G: how smart of you to plan a year off-- a light at the end of the not so long tunnel----

September 05, 2006 8:32 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I'm glad you're not regretting your decision. It is good to be retired, and be able to spend all that time with the kids. I wish I could see mine more often...but that's the way it goes I guess.
Talk to ya, later, Marsh

September 06, 2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

Good for you - enjoy your retirement. You will probably be as busy as ever, but without the stress of having to go in to school.
Love - Fireguy

September 06, 2006 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home