Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Three Strikes, I'm Out !!!


Strike One;
So after a hard days work, we stopped in at the local M&M for some good ole home cooking-- bit of jovial banter, small talk, laughing--- bought the lasagna supreme, breaded sole fillets, chicken pot pie, two frozen pumpkin pies (one of which I ate frozen, couldn't wait to thaw), and of course the obligatory garlic bread-- noticing the sign by cashier that says-- Special Seniors Discount on Tuesday--- so I say, jokingly , to the cashier, "How old do you have to be to get the seniors discount?"
To which she replied, "Sixty-five, but I've already given it to you ." Bah wah wah bah , end of joviality!!!

Strike Two:
Stop off at Barbs, the babysitter, yeah we have two baby seats in our car AGAIN-- to pick up our precious delights-- as I'm leaving, Barb says, "Let me get that hair off your chin."
Me: :"UH, I think it's still attached!" As she brushes it off my shoulder and says, "It's white !!"-- Now there's only so many things you can keep blaming on that poor Billy dog !!!!!

Strike Three:
Me speaking to beloved daughter on her supper break, "Phew, I'm exhausted---- at least I'll be able to sleep in tomorrow morning!! Daughter replies, " I've got to go to work early tomorrow for a mandatory staff meeting."

6 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

Hmmm... this past year my mom received her first seniors discount. She was at the movie and paid first, then her friend paid and looked confused... She asked, "how much did you pay, Shelly?" and that's when she realized she had been charged the seniors discount. She was happy, saved a few bucks for no special reason... Hahaha...

G.

PS how was the second day of teaching? Do you have to go back tomorrow?

September 12, 2006 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue-
Sounds to me like you left your sub pay at M&M's! :)
Am so glad you liked subbing- told you it was whole different world.."hold the fort then walk out" :)
However, I must say I'm glad it was you and not me in PR so soon in the new school year!
Cheers!

CDR
Oh yeah.. those feet were gross!!

September 12, 2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

The second day felt like Friday----it was fun, but two in a row's enough for awhile, just to get my feet wet,
I'm hoping the phone doesen't ring for the rest of this week Ash, and for sure if it says Yarmouth Regional High, It won't get answered!!!!!
and CDR---It sure was a whole new world, but I'm glad I went early, so I'm not fretting about it anymore---- sure do admire those Primary teachers though !!!

September 12, 2006 7:56 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

OMG...I can't believe you got the seniors discount, no way...white hair..not a problem Nannan..I've got some myself...
hope you enjoyed your M&M's meal...
Got to get Pat to stop, I want to pick up either some chicken or some fish..can't decide.
Love you Lots,
Tammie

September 12, 2006 9:14 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hahahahahaha....you got the Seniors Discount!!!! Tres amusant! However, I must say...there is no way you look 65 Nan...no way!!!! I guess to the younger generation we all look old!
As for chin hair...I've been growing it for a while..I shave it off although I know that's not a good idea! And, yes..it is white.
P.S. you only have to 60 to get the Seniors Discount at Shoppers Drug Mart...so I get it...woohoo!

September 13, 2006 7:40 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Senior discount ... I definatley do not think that you look 65 ... Hope your day is better today

September 13, 2006 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home