Friday, September 29, 2006

Of Pizza and Heartstrings

Just as we were pulling in to Boston Pizza with Aussie, Frank's cell phone rang--- Phil wanting a ride home, so we invited him to dinner with us---- our first time there-probably our last time--- the food and service was excellent, first rate, but the bill too steep for our means------ so I'm blogging with that after Christmas dinner feeling--- bloated, overstuffed, pants loosened, needing to get horizontal in a hurry---- but while we were waiting for food to be served--- Austin said,

" I missed you today, Nannan!"

Hours later, I'm still revelling in that moment--even more than my full stomach----- my heart is overflowing with love and gratitude -----

8 Comments:

Blogger Da Teacher said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 30, 2006 12:03 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Funny how much power the smallest souls have over us... able to make us melt into putty with a few syllables... How interesting a thought....

G.

September 30, 2006 12:05 AM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

I love Boston Pizza - but yes, it is expensive. What did you have?

September 30, 2006 12:29 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Aussie sure does love his Nanan . and his Papa too . I remember the first day that he said he missed me - melted my heart too - memories that we will keep forever - I know what you mean about boston pizza - great food - great service - but not so great for your bank account . A place to go on a special occassion

September 30, 2006 12:31 AM  
Blogger H said...

Hug Nanster.

that's the superbest little gift ever.

September 30, 2006 1:53 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

I ate at boston Pizza in Ottawa once and had the "Thai Chicken Pizza"... AWESOME... but seriously enought for a days worth of meals or more! LOL!!

G.

September 30, 2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

Oh that little man is to sweet. I know how you feel, they can turn us into mush,with only afew words.

I haven't been to Boston Pizza yet.Do they serve shell fish?

September 30, 2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

I know what you mean about the Bill at Boston Pizza, but it really is good..I treated PAt there last week...So I've now been there twice...
I know what oyu mean about them sayin gI miss you was talking with the kids Tuesday evening and two of them took to crying on me...

September 30, 2006 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home