Saturday, September 30, 2006

"Hamster on a Plane"


Did you hear on the news that an Austrian plane had to make an emergency landing after a pet hamster got loose??? Having had experience with hamsters, I know the destruction their gnawing can do------or could it be a new terrorist plot ?? Suicide hamsters -----last I heard, they hadn't located runaway rodent!!!
I used to love the little critters until---- mama ham ate one of her babies---and i just couldn't rationalize "but she was just trying to protect him!"
And I remember the time when Fireguy was just a wee lad, in Dayton, and he came downstairs with worried look on face, saying, "I didn't hurt your hamster, honest, he's just sleeping!"
I knew immediately something was wrong--- Poor Jimmy, he thought he could catch the newly escaped hamster by stepping on the chalkboard he had thrown on scurrying rodent---- he caught hammie all right!!! Dead in his tracks---- sorry to bring that story up, brother--- couldn't resist, it was just so funny how in trying to divert attention, you so told on yourself------ a case of "thou doth protest too much"

7 Comments:

Blogger Fireguy said...

And what about that other hamster that you kept up at the sugar shack that got away under my care? OOPPS!!
And yes - Traveling man and I went to the Fire Dept. banquet tonight.

September 30, 2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

And are we talking about the sugar shack that almost burned down under suspicious circumstances----hmmmmmm FIREGUY????

September 30, 2006 9:17 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Just kidding guys, it was a grass fire started by next door neighbour, yeah, really, it was, honest, really, yeah----

September 30, 2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger H said...

that's like when I was a kid [about 4] and I had jabbed my elder sister with a sharp pencil in her back and broken the nib in. [yes, gruesome].

I ran to my parents the moment she started crying, to say that i didn't know why she was crying because I had just 'lightly' tapped her on the back with a silly old harmless pencil.

Yes. I so empathise with Fireguy.

October 01, 2006 12:55 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Funny story, H, but my elder sister probably won't think so, as that same scene was played out in our household, only the pencil was changed--- hahahahahah-- sorry Tuffysmom!!!

LJLC: Hamsters in a vacuum-- that 's a new one--- even for me----;)

October 01, 2006 4:41 PM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

Now that was funny. I can just the look on his face now... Poor old hamster.
I bet he was running flat out,hehehehhehehe..

October 01, 2006 10:20 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hmmmm, I don't recall being stabbed with anything. Couldn't have too traumatic. And Fireguy was so funny...he came downstairs and said "Don't look at the hamster". Poor thing was flat as a board!!!

October 03, 2006 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home