Wednesday, September 06, 2006

"The Devil Wears Birkenstocks"-LOL


They so got me this morning!!!
Last night, rational brain reasoned, "I know it's the first day of school for students, nobody will be calling me on the first day, the most important day, so I really don't have to shave my legs, wash my hair, or face the depressing task of finding out if any of my "work" clothes will fit over the increased expanse of derriere-- I can wait till the weekend."
Good night's sleep----
Phone rings far off in a distant state of unwakefulness-
Son answers, meanwhile brain has kicked in---why would the phone be ringing this early , unless--- unless,-- oh my ---, Ye Gads! Nothing is ready, and Jennah hasn't got a bag ready for new babysitter, and I didn't shave my legs, and my hair's a mess, and no clothes at the ready --------
Son says, " Shall I say you're sleeping?" As much as I wanted to say YES, I most certainly did not want to start off the second day of the rest of my life with obvious deception, so with trepidation, heart in throat, adrenaline reeling through my now awake on full alert system, I meekly took the phone "Hello!""
"Hi, this is J, would you be able to substitute for me on Sept. 11, and 12? " Phew-- immediate relief, not THIS morning, all systems back to normal----- until I ask, what grade?
"Primary "------ "Primary???????, I repeat, in high-pitched frantic tone, "Primary??"
In the background, I hear laughter, and I know she's calling from the staffroom, and I can almost guarantee, a certain birkenstock wearing blogger is behind this wake up call !!!!! And I've been chuckling all day, remembering the one day in my life, when I was subbing in a primary class, the year I took off when Michael was born, which I won't disclose how many years ago, and I told myself----- It won't be that bad again, you can do it this time!!!!! And I thank the "devil" because way worse than getting a call, would be never having the phone ring--- so thank you, LJLC, I am really looking forward to the experience, you really are an angel in birkenstocks, much love to you for thinking of me!!--- Yikes, Primaries in September! And tonight, I have a list of matters to attend to--- shave legs, etc. etc. etc.

12 Comments:

Blogger Funnyface said...

Loved your blog. I can just picture the look on your face.heheheheheehe.

So shave the legs,try on the clothes,and enjoy this experience.

You'll be great.

Love Cheryl

September 06, 2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

You wil be wonderful, of all things you should be able to handle this...
Much Love to you...
I know what year mike was born, but I won't say eihter*LOL*

September 06, 2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Why shave your legs? Start wearing pants!!!
And I know what year Mike was born as well. Actually, I know what year you were born! Here's a hint...I was five years old or so, when Nannan was born. hehehehehe.

September 06, 2006 8:33 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Tuffysmom--- I can't fit in any of my pants!!!!!! All because of that prayer of yours---- and Ash, I may need to call you on Monday and tuesday!!!

September 06, 2006 8:41 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

FF and K&S-- thanks, it'll be an experience, I'll just think of it as feed for the blogging!!!

September 06, 2006 8:45 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Hey, LJLC, I can use a bookie!!!! But do you get a cut of the action?? Resource huh, whoever thought of that?? Now if only they'd get rid of the rest of the 3 letter sillynyms, like IMP< IPP> BMP> etc. etc.

September 06, 2006 9:14 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

I think 69 days is enough, otherwise, why retire???

September 06, 2006 9:16 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Hilarious... I love the story... I can just imagine LJLC trying to contain her laughter... I love prank calls, one of my mentors during college used to always answer his home phone saying, "Mermaid Pools" just to confuse me when I would call... He got me the first time and after then I would never be taken... Instead I tried in vain to actually get them!!

Props to LJLC...
G.

September 06, 2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

The only problem, it really wasn't a prank in that I will be facing a class of probably 25 five year olds having only experienced 3 days of school------horrors--- for them!!!!!!!!

September 06, 2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hey, it's not my fault your pants don't fit. Oh my God, I can't believe you're going to sub so soon! Sob sob sob.
By the way, I have an account with bolt.com...now what?

September 06, 2006 10:45 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

haha, oh I didn't catch that... My sympathies are with you... I could never go any younger than grade 4 I think... even then it might be a bit of a stretch for me!

Grade 6-10 are my fav.
Good luck is all I can say!!!
G.

September 06, 2006 11:53 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Good luck sue , i cant wait to hear how it goes !

September 07, 2006 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home