Friday, August 11, 2006

size DOES matter !!!!


I've been trying to avoid LJLC'S allusions to the "new appliance", but today is it-- Oops! I did it again- At restaurants (rarely go) I always wish I had ordered what the person next to me has chosen- and my learning style is "do it wrong first"-- but this time, I really went overboard!!!You recall I picked out the new fridge in a panic-- it arrived on Wed- "it" was a MONSTER ! Our so called kitchen is of the galley type, and this freaking huge fridge took over the whole space-- see in the picture, how it extends way beyond the countertop, and over the rug and up to the now cut out shelves--- I swear it didn't look that big in the gigantic show room-- and it came with a hefty price tag!! The cadillac of frigidaires!! So after the delivery men left, huffing, puffing, and cursing, I felt a sense of dread and doom--- it was just too big , spatially and financially- Ever loving Frank, sensing my displeasure, offered to go back to Rogers to see if we could exchange it--- Yes, I told him, you go, blame it all on me, but I just can't go back there- I'm much to0 embarrassed and ashamed-- I promise, whatever you choose, will be fine, I won't complain, just get rid of this monstrosity, please, pick something smaller, and cheaper, I promise I won't complain-- I'll just be so relieved--- Down he goes, comes home-- says- you need to pick out another one-- I respond -NO NO- I'm too ashamed, can't you make a decision without me!!! Just get one like our old one!! How hard can that be?? %$$**& So he did, and they brought it yesterday--------- and I can't take a picture of it because i want to cry whenever I look at it and realize that for the next ten years, at least, I'll have to somehow find room in that tiny little %%(%))_)&(&( !!!!! The good news, mini-frig was 1500 dollars LESS !!!!! But those cut wide open mortally wounded shelves are gaping wounds, reminders of my _______________ What IS the lesson-- don't be too cruel!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

hmmm... well, you've really challenged us today... The lesson... hmmmm.... well, one lesson is that... ummm... I am really stumped!

Well, at least with the new fridge the environment will probably be thankful for the lower energy usage. And maybe God is trying to tell you to eat more fresh food, or to have a garden? (Does this even make any sense...?) I am utterly stumped but glad that you do in fact have a new fridge. Must have been difficult to live without one.

August 11, 2006 12:46 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Hi Aunt Sue,

Well at least oyu have a suitable fridge now, one that you kow is going to keep Aussie's popsicles from going to juice.
Those poor cupboards...
Trial and error though..Love you lots.
Tam

August 11, 2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger mikki said...

I think the lesson is: Never, never take a baby out in public without tissues, lots and lots of tissues. I am still working on that lesson myself... Caitlyn spit up all over the floor of a barber shop today while Todd was getting his hair cut. Quite a nasty mess on the floor, spit up mixed with cut hair *shudder*

So, I look forward to seeing a photo of the new, smaller fridge, just for comparison :o)

Love to you!

August 11, 2006 9:03 PM  
Blogger houseband00 said...

Nifty looking ref, Nan. =)

I hope you enjoy years of service from it.

Btw, visit my site. You've been tagged!

August 11, 2006 9:19 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks everybody---- mini-frig iS environmentally friendly though-- even though its owner is feeling hostile!!! Yes, Mikki, I think the next time I go to make a major purchase, I should go sans baby!!! and I may take a picture of minidisaster!!
But what does being tagged mean? I never could run fast enough!!! But i'll check it out---

August 11, 2006 9:43 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I know the new one is small Sue , but it does keep the popsicles cold :-) , and think it is more environmentally friendly and did save you money .. I think the lesson learned is - #1 never say you wont complain about something that Frank buys !! #2 As Mikki says next time you want to make a major purchase - go sans baby ! Have a great week !

August 11, 2006 11:32 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

The only thing I'm going to say is - it's not a MINI-Frig. I have heard lots and lots about the "frig" and at this point I intend to remain neutral...hehehehe. And I like the lesson that says "Never promise you won't complain!"

August 12, 2006 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home