Thursday, August 03, 2006

Safety Nets and Venom

Thought I'd be writing about Keji topics, but-- after reading the blogs and comments, talking to Jennah, and phoning Don to find out what had obviously been deleted from Chris's webpage guestbook- leads me here---- what to say? When I changed my template months ago, I also changed the word Links to "My Safety Net"- did you notice it to the left of the page?? Never dreamed I'd be needing it for a safe landing-- so thank you all, including Don, for caring enough to protect me from the vicious assault on my character and parenting in the name of God!!! Don saved the comment, but I could hear Chris saying, "Mom, don't read it!" He hated to cause me pain, so for him, I chose not to see it, and for you, much love and thanks for sparing me from the venomous spewing --- I would have been hurt-- you know me well-- and instead of pain and torment, I feel the love and caring of my blog family, and with tears streaming down my face, I say thank you--- for your love , compassion, and mercy--- and that I believe is the true essence of knowing God------- I am saddened that Jennah was hurt--- she didn't deserve that, thankfully Mike was spared----
When I opened the latest issue of Baha'i Canada, the quote on page one was in part,
" ....ye must show forth tenderness and love to every human being, even to your enemies, and welcome them all with unalloyed friendship, good cheer, and loving kindness. When you meet with cruelty and persecution at another's hands, keep faith with him; when malevolence is directed your way, respond with a friendly heart. To the spears and arrows rained upon you, expose your breasts for a target mirror-bright; and in return for curses, taunts, and wounding words, show forth abounding love. ....." Abdu'l-Baha

Will talk more about Keji tomorrow- hopefully!! Love you all!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

I dont know what the comment said , but I am glad that you didint read it . You are a great person and A great mother . And the next grandmother I could ever ask for for Aussies . Thank you for being you - love you

August 03, 2006 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi hi....
Long time no talk... I just found out that you have a blog... Hope you are well.. It's been a while, next time I am in town (few weeks) I will drop you a line, and fill you in... I finally finished up my degree in Peace & Conflict Studies.... take care, and keep in touch.....
love, Christina

August 03, 2006 10:14 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Hi Christina-- it's been so long- nice to hear from you, and congrats on completing your studies- where do you go from here- drop me a line--- love

August 03, 2006 10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

right back at you Sue :)

sentt off an email, readd me to messenger if your online still

love you,
Christina

August 03, 2006 10:34 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

I like your perspective on life, it's refreshing. I actually got Don to delete my entry as well because I wrote it when I was quite upset at the ignorant comment that was made... I consider myself to be a Christian so when someone says such hurtful things in the name of God, it makes me SO mad. I believe that our example from God is unconditional love for everyone, not judgement, like you are saying. It makes me mad sometimes the way people who claim to believe in God are so judgemental, especially since they feel that they are so right in doing so.

Sorry to be ranting but it drives me NUTS! Be assured that your "safety net" really has your back. While you were away last week, I looked back over some of you old entries and those of your "saftey net" and it is just incredible to see how much love, kindness, support, humour and genuine care exists in this network. I am flattered to think that you have allowed me to be a part of it and have been reaping from your family and friends.

You are one blessed woman, as I notice you really are a central force in connect some of these otherwise strangers. You think you are retired, but I think that you have now taken on a bigger job- being there for all of us!! LOL

Thanks for connecting me!

August 03, 2006 11:25 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks G-- you know when I tried to put a label next to your name, I just couldn't put former student- because you are so much more,and any labelling would be so inadequate-- the roles get blurred- you are also teacher- to me - then and now-- we learn so much from our "students", i say we are all teachers, and all students, and don't forget, YOU were the connector!!!

August 04, 2006 12:11 AM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hi Nannan, I'm so glad you didn't read the comment - it would have served no purpose. I pity the person who wrote for they have no love in their heart, or compassion. We all love you very much, and we, who know you, know how much you love and care for everybody. Now - get to the Keji stories.
Love, Marsha

August 04, 2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger Tymber said...

Very glad for Don. He stepped in when the rest of us felt helpless to stop the train wreck. There was nothing we could do and no Chris wouldn't want you to see it. You are an awesome mom and we all adore you and that's all there is to it.

August 04, 2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

I am very glad that you didn't see that comment, there was absolutely no need for what that woman had to say, but the wheel turn's and what goes around comes around...
Love you Lots
Tammie

August 04, 2006 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home