Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Is There a Word ???

Been trying to think of words that best describe what happens when Alexis sees her mother--- First thought, "magnetism"-- true there is a force of attraction impossible to resist, but it isn't an invisible force field-- nay on the contrary, it's visible, tangible, and visceral!! Isn't just the "eyes light up" kind of magic, no, every cell in body becomes electrified, hands and feet shake, squeals of potential pleasure emanate from wide open expectant mouth---- heaven and earth are powerless to resist the gravitational, autogenous, force of outreached hands- all four of them!! Then, pure bliss, as her little squirming body settles and nestles into her mother's safe harbour-- and she looks back at me--- a little smug, satisfied, "hmph-- I'm where I belong!"

12 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

Sorry i stole your pic Jennah--- just couldn't resist!!

August 16, 2006 4:56 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

I love you too, jennie, when you look back at your baby pictures, you will see that same look of mother-daughter love--- still love you just as much-always will!!!

August 16, 2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

Nice post - and the photo is almost surreal because of the lighting. Where was it taken?
Oh, and check out the Bruce Robbins photos at the Y'arc if you get a chance - they are awesome!

August 16, 2006 7:06 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Hi fireguy-- have you looked at Alexis photo album-- link on my page-- some of the beach scenes are out of this world--- this pic was taken at Ellenwood in front of the campfire---

August 16, 2006 7:24 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Wow... I am glad I get to read your blog. I love the what you wrote... It really calls to anyone who is a mother now or someday wishes to be one...

I love that connection you describe and the photo is SO perfect! Lexy is an awfully lucky little girl to be surrounded with so much love!

August 16, 2006 7:26 PM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

I bet if you were to ask Mema, she could tell you the same story.Of how J would light up when she'd see you.

August 16, 2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

That album of Jennah's is great! Neat way to share photos.
My "Windfall" blog is up - it's on my links.

August 16, 2006 10:15 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks fireguy, I'm going there right now-- do you want me to link it???

August 16, 2006 10:17 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

I remember the look the girls used to get on their faces when they would see their mother...it is the same you described..

August 17, 2006 1:03 AM  
Blogger H said...

Awwww. that was so well described... Almost felt like a little baby again... I used to be notorious for not leaving ma's lap.

awww.

August 17, 2006 5:46 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks K & S and H---mother-daughter love, right up there with apple pie !!!

August 17, 2006 1:17 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

oh yeah, apple pie... mmmm... why did you mention it, I am still at work and now I am starving!!! LOL!

August 17, 2006 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home