Saturday, August 19, 2006

I AM SO IN TROUBLE!!!!


I am so going to be busted, but I couldn't stop myself!!!! I was compelled to take the picture, and now, that demonic force is making me post-- I am powerless to resist--- couldn't decide on a title-- alternatives rolling around in my obviously possessed head were; "Let Sleeping Dogs Lie"---or "It's all Tuffysmoms Fault-- She Started it"--or "Will you Still Love Me Tomorrow"----- or--- "But you know I love You"
You see, it really was Tuffysmom who inspired me--- Her rant on men--- how is it, my father included, that men can fall asleep, semi-vertical in a chair, in the midst of a meal ???? Five seconds before this pic was taken, he appeared to be fully conscious, eating a hamburg, -notice the still clenched glass of milk, and plate-- must be something like birds sleeping on a wire-- hey, another title, "Like a Bird on a Wire"--I like Joe Cocker- and I bet he can fall asleep sitting up too- it goes along with that Y chromosome--- Never have I fallen asleep sitting, eating, bathing, and most nights I can't even sleep in bed, whereas, the beast beside me is snoring within five seconds of head hitting the pillow--- Now, my darling husband, I'm not complaining, you worked hard going for that bicycle ride today, just an observation, and maybe a tad jealous at the ease at which you succumb to dreamstate.
I'm going to try really hard to keep him from seeing this post and picture-- tonight I will even turn the computer off, and maybe get in a new and longer post before he comes home from work tomorrow-- he usually doesn't scroll down too far--- Let's see how long I get away with this-- !!!

9 Comments:

Blogger houseband00 said...

Oh, Nan!

You are sooo going to get it!

=D

August 20, 2006 12:14 AM  
Blogger H said...

Ha ha ha ha ha. Totally cracked me up.

Gosh. they really can sleep anywhere and anyhow.

Same for my father. My mum too is a perennial marveller.

August 20, 2006 1:29 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Felt like Christmas morning, waking up to my two favourtie blog friends (other than my own links, no offense intended) I'm feeling so guilty, and will probably have to show him before the day is out!!!

August 20, 2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Nannan-OMG I hope you took that glass of milk out of his hand before he dropped it...
I will adit, I have fallen asleep in the bath tub and I have fallen asleep stretched out in Pat's rocking chair, OMG is it comfortable...Love you lots, talk to you later.
Tammie

August 20, 2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

hahaha, I am more like you, awaken easily and don't fall asleep anywhere but in bed when I am very tired... It's a cute pic and it reminds me of my dad.

My dad will be fully sleep, with the remote and will wake up the second he hears the TV change channel- UNTIL I figured out the trick when I was 16. All you have to do is slowly fade out the volume and turn the channel then fade the sound back up and he doesn't wake. It works like a charm if Frank is a remote hog!? LOL...

Have a nice day!
G.

August 20, 2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Hi Ash, I just went to your blog, and it's all there, so don't panic, just leave it alone for awhile, or reboot your computer--- it should iron itself out-- stay calm---

August 20, 2006 4:14 PM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

Now that's too funny. I would love to see his face when he see it!!!!

Love Cheryl

August 20, 2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

That it too funny ! . Trying to catch up on the blogging ! hope that you didint get in too much trouble !

August 20, 2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I see you got my point Nannnan...hahahahaha...I forgot that one. Jim can fall asleep sitting up with the remote clutched tightly in his hand!!!! Hehehehe. I know you're going to tell him...you conscience won't allow you not to. You're too honest!! Hahahahaha.

August 21, 2006 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home