Monday, August 07, 2006

"Hey Mom, I've got an Idea" $$$$$$

Says beautiful daughter in high pitched happy voice, standing on the stairs, gleam in eye, and that slinky stance ------ when put all together says to me--"How much is this idea going to cost me?" Yup- I was right-- it did, but how can I resist any request from my only daughter to whom I am still atoning for not being able to buy her a horse in her foramative years !!!!!! And Austin can use it too, she adds, for good measure--- it worked!!

And oh yeah, we'll have to use your bikes until we can get our own!!!!!! (Never) And I'll pay you back Mom!! (When pigs can fly!!) But little did she know that we in fact were already thinking of getting one of those cute costly little bike trailers, seeing all the fun they provided in Keji, and wishing we had bought one to take with us-- But don't tell Jennah, because she promised to pay us back, and if she does, it's all good- we wanted one anyway, and if she doesn't , I can use it for future laying on of guilt!!! By the way, we did not go on the highway,fireguy, we went on the sidewalk as far as the school, and drove around the parking lot a few dozen times, whereupon Lexy fell asleep--- hard way to get her to nap!! She's not looking happy because she just woke up and isn't quite sure what's happening!!!! But it was fun !!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Fireguy said...

Hey, those are neet! A couple on this weekend's bike rally had one as well for their youngster. Good idea to get the feel of it before going on the highway - once you are confident enough, they are allowed on the road. The couple at the rally had a helmet on the toddler, but I'm not sure if that's mandatory. Have fun!!

August 07, 2006 6:57 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

Oh yes, a warning flag is a good idea if you ever do venture on the highway. They are flourescent orange and show up for motorists.

August 07, 2006 6:58 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Aunt Sue, looks like you are going to be getting even more use out of the new bike's..wonderful..the kids are going to love it, even though Lex jsut woke up I bet she enjoyed herself in the beginning...Austin is gonna have a ball but I bet would much rather be on a bike of his own...he's getting so big...
Anyway..I know you will enjoy it as well, and so will Unle Frank..
My love to you all, hug Mema for me and tell her I am thinking of her.
Tammie

August 07, 2006 7:03 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Excellent idea! Good exercise for you, and a good way to get the babies lots of fresh air! Kudos for having the energy to ride a bike. Hope to see you this weekend, depending on the CAR! See Late Blog.

August 07, 2006 9:06 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Its so cute ! they wiull both love it !

August 07, 2006 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home