Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Good-bye, Adios, Paalom, Hasta la vista


Good Riddance Kenmore, "Sears Best" frigidaire-- you are about to be replaced -- tomorrow morning---no eulogies- you really didn't last as long as we had hoped - you're still a teenager!! A defunct teen- The popsicle Austin so badly wanted was turned to kool-aid-- and all my former freezer-burned foodstuffs are now floating in stinky, dank, thawed liquidy goo------
So we went to Rogers Furniture-- Yes, the most expensive outlet, but they offer one year- no payment, no interest--delayed payment for instant gratification-- the problem is I can't for the life of me remember the make or model I chose in haste-- You see, we had Lexy with us, and I broke cardinal rule number one-- always bring towel or kleenex when taking care of spitty-up baby---and who was waiting on us when it happened? Of course, one of THE Mr. Rogers himself, who was not impressed with upchuck- all over his appliances, rug, etc- neither was Frank, who happened to be holding her at the time- ha ha ha-- So I pointed to what seemed to be a very nice looking (expensive) model and said in a hurry, "We'll take that one!" Problem is: Those shelves above existing fridge now need to be removed or vastly shortened to make a bigger space--- I think we need all new cupboards now, and a new countertop, and those new glass top convection ovens caught my eye!!! Frank has a little work to do this evening=== he's out buying replacement blades for his saw---------------

8 Comments:

Blogger houseband00 said...

Hi Nan,

I hope you get one of those environment-friendly models.

Have a great day! =)

August 08, 2006 8:37 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

OH, OH, what is an environment-friendly model?? We didn't have that discussion-- once the baby threw up, our only talk was-"WHERE'S THE PAPERTOWEL?"

August 08, 2006 9:08 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Sounds like Uncle Frank now has his work cut out for him...I know all about the baby puke---I always had more stuff with me for Angie's girs than you could shake a stick at..snacks toys, diapers wipes...band-aids..and everything else in between...

August 08, 2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I am hoping that my fridge will last a while even though it is making noises , if not I will be calling on Frank to come help us with our cupboards too ! .

August 08, 2006 10:10 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Yeah! I love anything new... whether it is a new toothbrush, fridge or socks! It is always fun, especially with a new CLEAN fridge, no spills or onion paper or weird odours that seems to collect in one that is used.

Nice to be online today and hopefully tomorrow I will be back at my house in the north and online to post again!

Have fun on the bikes!

August 08, 2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Hi mandy-Frank is not a happy camper right now!!!!
Hi G-- so good to hear from you, will be awaiting the "saga of Dorval"--- :)) I'm so excited about having a clean fridge, for a liitle while!!

August 08, 2006 11:07 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

I just moved into a new apartment up north before I left for holidays in June. I cherished the clean fridge but think it is probably already dirty from living at that place for three days!!
G.

PS blog time...

August 08, 2006 11:31 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

New fridge...yay! But..how can you get a new frige without a matching stove??????? Hmmm....Looking forward to seeing you all. Love, Marsh

August 09, 2006 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home