Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Battleground !!

The Battlezone, battle of wits ,that is. Now that she creeps, crawls, and stands, we have to try and contain her domain--- set up boundaries- rearrange furniture-- how do ya like coffee table on couch--- need to prevent head injuries--- see all the toys on blanket?? She's not the least interested in the playables, no, no, she'd much rather find an "exit", or seek out the "untouchables".. I've been thinking of putting my breakables on the blanket, and her toys just out of reach-- making them more desirable-- how is it that at seven months old, human nature , begins a lifelong pattern of wanting what it can't have--- at least we know where she is at night, and who her friends are---- Her world is growing--- as we try to curtail her activities---- looks like she's already winning !!!! The big blue expanse of blanket remains empty , as she explores the danger zones!!

6 Comments:

Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

ah yes a kid being a kid, I rememebr when Angie's girls were in that stage..I recommend putting the table back on the floor though, one wrong push of a couch cushion and it could fall and cause much more damage than her bumping her head...
Love you Lots.
Tammie

August 13, 2006 7:34 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

What about investing in yards of bubbles wrap for all of your furniture, stairs, breakables, etc. OR even better an inflatable suit for Lexy so things will bounce off her or she will bounce if she falls? hehehe

I sometimes invite some other teachers over and often Nancy and Mark will bring their little guy Imaapik. He somehow finds EVERY possible breakable or messy item. No matter how well I seem to clean up before hand he ALWAYS finds them!! I wish we could be as observant as that sometimes!

Have fun with it! Talk to you later, G.

August 13, 2006 8:03 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Still looking out for kids, K&S !! It's safer than it looks-- Hi G- I was thinking about at least buying her a helmet!!

August 13, 2006 8:14 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Maybe I shouldn't be the one talking... my mom and dad are still urgng me to buy a skidoo helmet for myself... I had one little accident in which I bashed my head on the ice a year and a half ago, which really prompted their urging. I am KIND of convinced that it would be a good idea, but haven't found one in the right style, size and price yet!

G.

August 13, 2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

It's truly amazing why kids are like that. Why bother even buying toys I sometimes wonder? Buy some cheap unbreakable ornaments and pretend they are the 'untouchables' and then let them go to it..hehehehe. She sure keeps you on the move, but she's so cute! I am nervous about stairs though, they scare me. Mikki says it's a good thing babies are cute ....otherwise...well who knows what could happen..hehehehehe. Take care...talk to you later, love Big Old Sister.

August 14, 2006 9:19 AM  
Blogger houseband00 said...

Hi Nan,

D was the same when he was little. If he was left in the room alone and he's awake and everything's quiet, for sure he would be up to no good. True enough, 9 out of 10 times he would be.

August 15, 2006 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home