Thursday, July 13, 2006

Worried !!

This is a picture of the Shrine of the Bab, situated on Mount Carmel, the Centre of the Baha'i Faith-- The whole mountain came into the hands of the Faith, through serendipitous events, or as some might say, God-willed--- it was rock and desert--- and now is a beautiful garden with terraces, shrines, administration buildings- and I keep hearing on the news that Hezbellah is threatening to fire rockets at Haifa, the city at the foot of Mount Carmel--- Isn't it ironic how the "Holy Land" to all religions, is in dire turmoil and crisis--Why is it the Centre of all major religions-------Why does the sun rise in the east?? Off topic, can't separate who I am from what I believe-- that is who I am-- and today I am worried about the heart of my faith---

4 Comments:

Blogger houseband00 said...

Hi Nan,

The architecture and the symmetry of the place is truly beautiful. It indeed would be terrible if something as ugly as war should destroy it.

I am not familiar with Baha'i beliefs but I'm sure this is a test of your faith. Be strong, Nan.

July 13, 2006 7:57 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks HB--- I know bombs and mortar cannot destroy faith-- ;)

July 13, 2006 8:14 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks Con-- I'm sure there is a much greater plan that I am not privy too !!! ;)

July 13, 2006 8:33 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

It may not seem so, but God is always in control - not Hezbellah or any other organization.
I like Matthew 24:35 - "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away."

July 13, 2006 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home