Saturday, July 01, 2006

A Visit From My "EX"

This wonderful gift-bearing man stopped by today to delive a couple of parting gifts from the Home and School and the Staff- a rhododendrum bush and stained glass creation- As of yesterday, he is my EX- my ex-boss!! Today is Canada Day and my first day of official retirement- Yahoo!! The sun is shining- there is a purpose in all those rainy days- you sure do appreciate a beautiful day like this- no big plans- mema ordered a pizza and garlic fingers, and Alexis is having a short nap-- Have no intentions of sitting at the computer today though- going to soak in the sun and the smell of roses and wildflowers- and enjoy the new patio furniture- I may post later , but so far don't feel any rants or tirades brewing- gotta go smell the roses----

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!!

Great photo of you and your "ex." He went to see you on the first possible day....so cool!!!

Check your email!!!

One of the retired teachers told me that in July you get pension and reg pay and then the next month just pension....hope that's true and you get both for one month!! Yipee!!!!

What did your ex bring you????

love ya!! CJP

July 01, 2006 2:58 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

I've always liked David - he's a "class" act...hehe. That was very nice of him on behalf of all your former co-workers.
Hope you enjoy this new chapter of your life - love always, Fireguy.

July 01, 2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Hi Con, He brought me the rhodo bush and stained glass- will check my email now, Jennah's home for her break, which is really my break!!
Hi fireguy- Yeah, Dave is salt of the earth- whatever that means, just know it's complimentary- thanks for the best wishes- am enjoying the weather--and sense of freedom!!

July 01, 2006 4:12 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Beat you to it- I already left a comment-

July 01, 2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger houseband00 said...

Hi Nan,

Those are fantastic gifts! It seems like you are really loved in your school and will truly be missed.

And oh...

Happy Canada Day!

July 01, 2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks H- It was a good chapter of my life- no regrets on that front!!Take care--

July 01, 2006 6:17 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I hope you enjoyed basking in the sun. I really can't do it anymore! Makes me dizzy...Ahhhh the Golden years..sob sob sob.

July 02, 2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

That was very nice of him to bring them over to you..makes it so much more personal I think
*H*

July 02, 2006 5:17 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Sounds like you had a great day . Cant wait to see the bush that you got , those are so pretty .

July 02, 2006 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue,

When I retired I didn't get a visit from the "EX"! Lucky you!! :)
CDR

July 02, 2006 11:13 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

The reason I got a "visit" was because I gouldn't face going to the farewll thing- now you, on the otherhand, were fantastic- went out with all flags flying- he had no choice- had to deliver the gifts!!!!

July 02, 2006 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home