Thursday, July 06, 2006

Missing You------My Friend????


I miss you my friend--- you've been an integral part of my existence for 4o years-- with a few short breaks every now and then- I remember when we first met under the tree on the old Hebron School playground- hidden from the eyes of administration and the "goodies"- I was shy, and you took me under your wing, you accepted me unconditionally, and made me feel that I had a place in the world- we belonged together-And how I needed you to get me through the tough times- the betrayals, the hurts, the losses--- you brought me comfort and calmed me down to face another day-- so it is with sadness I set you free- they say the cost of our union is lethal, poison, and you will betray me in the end--- I yearn for you- and mourn our separation- I pray that I may not be subjected to severe tests- --that I may not need your solace- so this is your restraining order, Benson & Hedges, leave me alone, our union is terminated--- cease and desist---

8 Comments:

Blogger Fireguy said...

Phillipians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

July 06, 2006 2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue:
Forgive me for being so ignorant :)
I kept thinking what dear friend has betrayed Sue? And, how will she handle it??
And then, when I got to the end, I thought, I have to google to find out who Benson & Hedges is...but first I must read the comments to see they can clue me in..
Well, I immediately related to Fireguy b/c that is our motto around here.. but I still couldn't figure out who this so-called friend was until I read CP. :)
I really had to laugh at myself, and thought I can I can never tell on myself, and then I thought why not? We all could stand a good laugh..
Personally, I'm glad I never met that "friend", but we all have other crutches, such as food... but I won't go there today.

Take care.

CDR

July 06, 2006 7:32 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

That was hilarious Diane--- It's so much a part of my life, I never dreamed anyone would NOT know--- still laughing---- actually the quitting is not the hardest part, I've done it tens of times, it's the not starting again that's tough- --- still laughing----

July 06, 2006 7:53 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Great blog....I must admit I was totally baffled until I came to the last line...hehehe...Good luck with it. I know how difficult it is. I wish I had the strength.

July 06, 2006 8:02 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Mom,
That was Beautifully spoken. My love and praise and hope and prayers are yours.

July 06, 2006 9:14 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Hey Nannan,
you know that you can do it...we all knwo you can do it..soemtimes certain "friends" just need to be "extinguished" from our lives.*S*
Love you Lots

July 06, 2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

I can't believe he has any faith in me- he's heard it so many times before--- so thanks everyone---still laughing---

July 06, 2006 11:20 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

But it only takes once, and it's the arrival of that one that I know will happen...

How many comments do you think you can get?

July 07, 2006 2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home