Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Lexy---Lift OFF !!!

Not quite off, but she's up to "ready, set--- "The perplexed look on her face is probably a reaction to "How did I get up here---What should I do next?" She sways a little, does a few push-ups, and down- maybe next time!!

Confession time-- I have been conned by those drug ads on tv- should be a target on my head- sitting duck that I am-- yes, I listened intently to the ads promoting SAD-(social anxiety disorder) and was convinced they were describing me to a T, or a P, as it turned out-- anxious in social settings, blah, blah, blah----yes, that is me, I thought- finally I can be fixed---with PAXIL--so I went to my family doctor and regurgitated the symptoms I had heard so often on TV, and she agreed- I could possibly have S.A.D.- and wonder of wonders- she prescribed Paxil--- great advertising guys!!-- hit your target, gullible baby boomer,scored a hit- so I left the office with high hopes, thinking my life was about to change for the better----- Change it did---- the pills exploded in my head, took me out of work for 3 days, and 2 panic stricken trips to outpatients - Threw the pills down the drain where they belonged--- some people are extroverts and some people are introverts---doesn't mean we need fixing---- However, I have been seeing commercials for RLS, restless leg syndrome, and the accompanying fix, and I believe I have the condition-- no really, my legs are restless at night, they lead me directly to the kitchen to scavenge for food-- anything edible-- they just won't be still-- --it's involuntary--- gotta call the doctor again, after I have memorized all the symptoms for RLS!!!!!!
 Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable pict and such a humourous story about her Nan!
Your legs twitch b/c of lack of potassium or something strange like that- at least that is what my hubby was told - I'm like you, I think they lead him to the fridge when it happens:)ha!

CDR

July 05, 2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

Oh Oh - I think it strange when advertisers start prescribing meds instead of Dr.

July 05, 2006 8:02 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

But all kidding aside, they really are restless---and achy-- and they do lead me to bananas!!! I swear it 's true--- :)
CDR:
Step 1-read blogs surreptiously
Step 2- leave anon. comments
Step 3- leave signed comments
Step 4- click on
"Create your own blog"
Come on in the water and join us~~~

July 05, 2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

OOps- I should have taken that recycled squash stained bib off before clicking the pic--

July 05, 2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Hahahaha...you don't have restless leg syndrome...you have hungry stomach syndrome...hss! I have it too...hahahahhaha. But I take Paxil, and because of that I have not yet murdered anybody!!!! Hehehehehe. Paxil doesn't help with SAD much, but it sure helps with homicidal thoughts.

July 05, 2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Homicidal thoughts you say--hmmm- have had a few of those recently!!!!!

July 05, 2006 9:27 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

That's it It's RLS that leads you to the kitchen..so what do we call it for mom..she keeps the food by her bed?

July 05, 2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

I call it "smart". :)

July 05, 2006 11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue:
Just read your steps to becoming a blogger. So far I am as far as Step 4 and quite contented with responding to you and CP. - how is that for the height of laziness????
It can't be beat - riding on the shirt tails of others :)
I do love adding my 2 cents worth though. Keep up the interesting and (addicting) blogging- it gives me something to get out of bed for... :)

CDR

July 05, 2006 11:18 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

It does make life a little more interesting, and it's harmless, I hope !!!!!1

July 05, 2006 11:23 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

That's so weird, I keep food by my bed too! Hmmmm.....

July 06, 2006 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home