Friday, July 07, 2006

HAPPINESS IS ..........


Besides nicotine , we have been Aussie deprived-- his primary babysitter, Barb, took a week off, so he's been staying in Wedgeport, except for today, Frank's day off-- We have him till Sunday--It was so good to see him again--
We went on an excursion to Wal-Mart- looking for kids plastic golf toy set--- all sold out--- so we bought some of those sticky paddle thingies--- BUT -- once again I am confronted with my own "mechanically challenged" disability--- First, I couldn't get Alexis's baby seat out of its cradle---"It's the easiest seat I've ever seen, "says mechanically minded hubby-- "just push on the red button"-- I'm pushing- but it's not working!!!"" I can't do it!!!
After finishing off that 1l bottle of flavoured water, keeping my hand to mouth fetish in check, I need to find the ladies room-- no problem, it's right there by McDonald's , nothing wrong with my sense of direction-- But how do you get the water out of the taps!!!!! Thank God there was no other person watching me go through the futile motions of trying to figure out the secret to water dispensation, I pushed, poked, pulled,---no water----what was so wrong with old fashioned taps-- I just can't keep up with this changing technology-if it has something to do with conserving water, IT WORKS!!! I now have 2 soapy hands, given up on a water source and.........no paper towels!!!!!!! Just some silly machine with a red light flashing! That's why I don't go out in public-----I still can't figure out which way to hold the debit card through the scanner---even with instructions pictured-------



but I'm safe at home now, with my babes, happy, happy, happy--------hey connie, tell them about your public washroom story-------------

6 Comments:

Blogger houseband00 said...

Hi Nan,

In my line of work, I always encounter all these new bathroom fixtures and I am always left clueless on how they operate. Much to the frustration of the sales agent.

Have a nice day, Nan. =)

July 07, 2006 10:46 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks Con and HB; Clueless would be the word for my mechanical abilities-----:)

July 07, 2006 11:54 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I hate it when those automatic sinks don't work! That drives me crazy!!

July 08, 2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I agree with you Sue , My thoughts are they either need to make the sinks " easy to use " or have instructions posted next to them ! . What cute pictures of Aussie and Alexis . - hope he is being good for you !
See you tomorrow morning .
ps - i know that my blog is slack - Im working on it !!

July 08, 2006 9:09 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

Don't feel bad - I'm as mechanically inclined as a hangnail!
And those pictures are adorable!
Love ya -

July 08, 2006 10:09 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Automatic sinks and hand dryers both in my opinion suck...half the time they don't freakin' work right, an the other half of the time you just want to say frig it anyway befcause you are used to them not working anyway so you don't bother just to have soemone come behind you and have them work perfectly. What's the deal with that?

July 08, 2006 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home