Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Another Bubble Burst


After reading my post about pumpkin pie and oscar, Mike sent me an email with a special request-- the post reminded him of how much he missed my cheesecake--- it had a distinct taste that he just hasn't been able to replicate-- could I please send him my recipe and his mother in law would try to bake it--- oh, lovely son, I now have to come clean-- the only cheesecake I ever made for you came from Mr. Kraft- in a box- jello--Real Cheesecake it was called-- directions on the box- 3 easy steps-- I always covered it with a can of cherry pie filling-- sent Frank to town to get a box just now--- the ingredients read like a college chemistry course-- (sugar, dextrose, partially hydrogenated coconut, palm kernel and soybean oils, cheese powder(modified milk ingredients lactic acid, bacterial culture, BHA)Corn syrup solids, modified potato starch, sodium phosphates, lactic acid, modified milk ingredients, calcium sulphate, dipotassium phosphate, salt, mono and di-glycerides, propylene glycol monostrearate, hydroxyphropyl methylcellulose, artificial and natural flavour, tricalcium phosphate, acetylated monoglycerides, microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxylated soy lecithin, colour contains tartrazine, Enriched wheat flour, soybean oil, graham flour, partially hydrogenated cottonseed oil, glucose-fructose, honey, salt, sodium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate, ammonium bicarbonate, artificial flavour, may contain malted barley flour, molasses, calcium carbonate, soybean lecithin, yeast, papain, protease, anylase, sunflower oil, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, cellulase, sour dough culture.)

Now which one of these ingredients you've been missing--------definately not real cheese !!!!

Reminds me of when I make hamburgers, Philip doesn't like them because they don't taste like "real" burgers-- you know, like McDonalds !!! So Mike, do you want me to send you a few boxes, or have I ruined the memory ???? sorry

8 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

I just hauled out a bin of summer clothes--- hoping a few will still fit!!!!

July 19, 2006 9:19 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

But teahound, they might fit me next year !!!! (sure, yeah, fat chance, says the be real voice in head)

July 19, 2006 9:38 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Cute story!
Thanks for the comments on my blog... I love writing, and who knows maybe someday I will have the concentration to publish something...

G.

July 19, 2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Sue, your too funny - now I know what you were sending frank to buy , I couldnt wait to get home and check your blog to find out what you needed for your blog :) - i hope he didnt have to go too far ! Ill have to try your famous cheesecake.....

July 19, 2006 10:19 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

But Mandy, the bad part is, I found the picture on the web, so his task was in vain-- but don't tell him--- at least I can still make the cheesecake, just for him!!!!

July 19, 2006 10:21 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

No worries, memories stay regardless of the manufacturer!! but it leaves me in limbo... There's no way that that box will be found here, I will check tonight, but there's no way that they sell it here. Someone would have told me about it... You may have to send that box that Dad got down here to me so I can relish in the pleasure of my Mom's "special" cheesecake.

July 19, 2006 10:29 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Mike, did you read the ingredients-- should you really chance it-- do you actually know what those ingredients are--- -- oh well, i guess they didn't do much damage---or did they??????

July 19, 2006 10:31 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Nannan-OMG you mean you didn't make it all by your lonesome*L*...
I'm sorry couldn't resist that one..you'll have to send Mike a couple of boxes with the next shipment of Krat Dinner.
Love ya lots Tam

July 20, 2006 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home