Friday, July 07, 2006

Aliens and Ferris Wheels

Changed my" vision statement" a few days ago-- thinking about the DFO's in Australia- direct factory outlets- huge malls, no thrills, no extras, bare bone retailing--- Nothing special, what you see is what you get--- -- you know, they know, their purpose-- no hidden agenda--- Had to remind myself what my blogging is about--and I liked those initials-- DFO---Direct Freaking Outlet--that's why I started and why I continue-- if it sounds like I'm freaking out at times, oh well, you're just along for the ride, it's my ride, get off if it makes you dizzy---
About aliens-- if you have to ask if you're in the same "club" , you're not----it's unspoken, like aliens living in a human world, going about their business, until they encounter another alien, there is a telepathic awareness of their unique connection--I'm sure Mikki knows we walk the same path, but ultimately separate, and enter different doors-- I have Frank and she has her sons, the issues and complexities are vastly different-- not more nor less, just different--- and unlike the death of a parent, though heartbreaking and painful, we always expected the ride to end based on when the ride began, there is a natural order, an" it's our turn" mentality--- the problem is when the ride stops too soon---

4 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

Absolutely no "sympathy" comments-- now what I need, or want-- just understand that I need to understand--- no sorries---!!!

July 07, 2006 1:37 PM  
Blogger mikki said...

You're right about feeling like an alien in a human world. I remember just after Max died, walking among all these people who just had no clue, who did not know what I now know, who did not see just how different I had become. And all the people who had lost someone knew me right away, and knew what language I spoke, while all the "normal" people didn't know what to say or do. I have slowly begun to feel more human and less alien, but I know that I have been permanently changed - I will never be happily oblivious again. But that's ok... my new point of view has made some things in life so much richer.

Love you!

July 07, 2006 11:39 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mikki--- I just knew you'd get it- it's impossible to explain---and you're right- you learn not to take anything for granted-- love you too!!!

July 07, 2006 11:49 PM  
Blogger kicking-and-singing said...

Freaking out..we do that well I have to say and be damne dif I am not pleased with my ability to go from one extremem to another..well put nannan

July 08, 2006 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home