Sunday, July 02, 2006

24

Not the television show, twenty-four hours since my last inhalation of nicotine!!! But don't get too congratulatory- I've done this before- have even gone for up to two years- so no congrats yet, please- Yesterday seemed to be one of those serendipitous days, when events appear to align themselves - or maybe the planets and moons - whatever- It was the first day of the first month of my liberation- the sun was shining and it felt good to be alive----holding Alexis, all positives--- on the negative--- another study about the devastating effects of second hand smoke, along with liberation comes drastic reduction of income-- rising cost of cigarettes- ten dollars a pack- twenty dollars a day- you do the math-- unexpected bill for repairs of RV-------stench of tobacco- persistent cough --somehow the juxtaposition of these two opposing forces, lead to one conclusion---It's time to quit!!!! Frank bought nicorette chewing gum and I bought a Sudoku puzzle book- and we agreed to not speak to each other for three days--- it can get nasty going through withdrawal together--- We've had near-divorce experiences under these conditions in the past--- The sudoku book is helping by keeping my hand to mouth reflex under control and focussing my mind on numbers- -- we'll see--- Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blogs so interesting, you should go into journalism!. i hope you have a great summer. i hope you have lots of relaxation times. / i just love phill, hes a really nice guy, and i consider him one of my good friends. and im glad hes doing well at home!.. well see you around. love marlana

July 02, 2006 5:47 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks Mar- he's lucky to have you as a friend- I think he's a good guy too!!!

July 02, 2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Good for you Sue , Hopefully you and frank will make it through the withdrawl without killing each other !
Robert Collier said “Take the first step, and your mind will mobilize all its forces to your aid. But the first essential is that you begin. Once the battle is startled, all that is within and without you will come to your assistance.”
Hopefully this works for the both of you . - btw that is a cute picture of you and Alexis - see you Tuesday .

July 02, 2006 7:59 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks for your encouragement Mandy and Connie- yes, that is our new patio swing- enjoying it muchly!

July 02, 2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

Good luck - I'm rootin for ya!

July 02, 2006 10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Sue, you can do it.

Remember you have 2 darling little grandchildren to stay as healthy as possible for.

Besides, you need to discover all the joys and pitfalls of "real" retirement!

CDR

July 02, 2006 11:18 PM  
Blogger mikki said...

Yay, NanNan! I know you and Frank can free yourselves from nicotine. Heck, I smoked two packs a day, and managed to quit. Took the patch, Zyban, and anti-anxiety pills to do it, but at that point I was ready to use whatever weapons necessary to succeed :o) Don't give up the fight, it will be soooooo worth it.

Love you!

July 03, 2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks Mikki, we tried Zyban once- made us sick- but maybe the 376th time is the charm!!!! Thanks, now I don't dare take one because I'll feel like such a fool for announcing it too soon-- maybe that's a plan!!! :)

July 03, 2006 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful granddaughter!

Sue, I feel like a real "snoop", but I do love taking a peek at your latest update.

Even found our mutual friend's blog! (CP) However, she doesn't allow anonymous people to respond, so I guess she'll have to read this. :)Loved her pict. of the lighthouse.

As an aside, have you done a beer butt chicken yet? :) We are having it for supper, but with orange juice, not beer. (my Baptist background won't let me use beer). :)ha

CDR

July 03, 2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Hi Diane, Nice of you to drop by,I know I wouldnt be doing this if I was still working, but I enjoy this little peeking into each others' worlds- trying to recreate that staff room feeling-- Somehow I don't think the orange juice will fit the bill- but I've never tried the beer one- you can get nonalcoholic beer - would give the flavour of hops or whatever it is that makes beer taste like beer-

July 03, 2006 4:57 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Good luck Nannan, I'm rooting for you too. I've tried a many times...the longest I've gone is six months. It distresses me so to think about live without my smokes. I was so proud when Mikki did it. But, I'm even SCARED to try.

July 04, 2006 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home