Thursday, June 22, 2006

Strawberry Shortcake

Second glorious day of summer- season for strawberries and rhubarb- Five years ago when we moved her, there was a huge rhubarb patch beside the barn- Yippee, I thought as visions of my mom's homemade pies danced through my head--- But it seems the said rhubarb had a magnetic effect on Billy's leg lifting- first place he headed to relieve himself!!! Thus, no rhubarb pies, crisp, muffins etc. The patch is gone- but I can't help wondering everytime I eat rhubarb pie!!!!! Lesson: Wash those fruits before eating, and know where your rhubarb came from- Also had strawberry shortcake last week- yummy- but Alexis is the best dessert of all- it's absolutely impossible to feel anything but happiness and love when looking into those innocent endearing blue eyes-- a bundle of pure joy= and lest anyone be misled by my last posts, I am not in need of cheering up, surrounded by people I love- Introspection and reflection does not equate with sadness- I have so much to be thankful for- Life is good!!! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Alexis is so adorable ! And so is her outfit , I love it

June 22, 2006 10:40 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

You're right...I'm sorry...I'm just too intense sometimes..plus I'm not feeling well, which makes me worse.
Love ya...Marsha

June 23, 2006 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home