Thursday, June 29, 2006

A Rose by any other Name


The Name Game-- When Frank tried to remove it from Door 221, I said, Nah, leave it there, don't need it!! Then Connie told me she had saved it for me, I thought okay, might want it someday- When she told me the building manager, henceforth known as H, told her I couldn't have it, they recycle the letters, well- the hairs on my chin stood up and that monster righteous indignation kicked in- How dare he tell me I can't have my own name!!! In my mind I had already composed a scathing letter to his superior, outlining all his past Napoleanic tirades, blah blah blah- A tiny voice in my head said slow down before you make a fool of yourself and get it from the tyrant's mouth- then act- So I call the secretary and ask to speak to H- she said he was on another line and would call me back- I wait- fury mounting- ready for a showdown, no fears of retaliation, when phone rings- Meadowfields school on display- it was the principal D, returning my call, what could he do for me? Somehow the secretary inadvertently thought I wanted to speak to D- so I related the problem- D is the consummate peace maker and defuser of explosive situations- has to be with over 500 students, their parents, and staff----all thinking their own particular problems are alone worthy of his immediate attention!! In his cheerful voice, he tells me, no problem, if I want it I can have it, but they will have to buy a new plate, as the nameplates are not supplied free by our photo co.- My indignation deflated, like a too filled balloon, and suddenly, I could care less about the name, and was so grateful to my "guardian angel" for the miscommunication about who I wished a call back from-- Once again, saved from myself!!! Gotta tame that beast inside- don't sweat the small stuff- and sometimes miscommunications can be a Godsend- except of course for the one resulting in the 4 am phone call- another story another day- Then I read Mikki's post and felt totally humbled- remember, I didn't want the name to begin with!!!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nan!!!

The trifle was AWESOME......yum!!! It was enjoyed by all and even sweeter as I saw Frank this am!!

I loved your post!! Reminds me of the husband I thought I didn't want until someone else did....

I am suffering from exterme heat exhaustion...and waning patience!!

Can't wait to drink ice tea with you one day this summer!!

CJP

June 29, 2006 3:17 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Glad you didn't get to do your tirade...you would have regretted it, probably....

June 29, 2006 3:57 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Most definately would have regretted it---

June 29, 2006 4:14 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

That's funny, connie, about the husband remark- Waning patience- do you have all your marks done? Could you pick up my yellow bowl, hopefully, empty!!!thanks

June 29, 2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

I have the book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" - great book. Great post.

June 29, 2006 6:12 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I really must insist you stop talking about the trifle....you are just teasing us all..hehehehehe.
We had great big huge barbecued hamburgers for supper and now I am stuffed and hot and sticky and tired!!! Fan is just blowing hot air around now.

June 29, 2006 6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I will get the bowl and it is def empty!! It was a huge hit!! :)) Everyone thought that was so "sweet" of you!!!

L was at Superstore tonight and saw a man snatch a woman's purse....so he chased him. Moral....put your purse in your car FIRST!! While this lady was laoding groceries into her trunk....the man ran and snatched the purse from the cart. RCMP...police dog...but to no avail....to our knowledge!!

Patience.....oh...IIII am all done and waiting......!!!

Have a good one!!! CJP

June 29, 2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks for the purse tip- never would have thought of that- I guess L didn't catch him? Tomorrow you can start your own blog---and have a blogging summer---

June 29, 2006 7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the encouragement....when I come up for air, I will see if there are any seeds of inspiration left!!

love ya...CJP

June 29, 2006 7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO...L didn't catch him. When M called to tell me...I said..."L can run????" He started out chasing him in his car...the thief was on foot....then L chased him by foot....there was no capture!!! Don't know what went wrong...hehehe!!! :)))))) CJP

June 29, 2006 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Nan!!

L went to SS tonight for a few food items.....and they told him they caught all 3 of the ring that were involved in the purse snatching. The man dropped the purse in the chase...and none of her money was missing....so that was great!! That pooor lady!!

Staff party tonight but I decided not to go....as usual!!

Chat soon!! CJP

June 29, 2006 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home