Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Rewind


There is a scientific term which eludes me now- critical stages in the development of any organism- e.g. Kittens whose eyes are prevented from opening at the "right" time, remain permanently blinded , even when their eyes are opened later- timing- (what a horrible experiment) Seeing our family picture of the "happy days" makes me wish there was a rewind button for life- but then, how would we know when to press stop- at what moment could we have made a critical difference that would change the course of future events? And of course, we would probably make the same mistakes- since it is those mistakes which have brought us to the understanding and knowledge we have today- A futile effort- but I always wonder, and analyze, and over analyze- what could, should I have done differently- What was the critical point- Don't expect any answers, and definately not looking for sympathy- just trying to make sense of it all- that eludes me too-

4 Comments:

Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I do the same thing, but I think things are the way they are meant to be. If we had made different decisions, we would just make different mistakes. For example...I have often regretted having gone to New Glasgow with F. However, if I had not, Mikki would not have met Max, and I would not have Eric, Jamie and Caitlyn. Try that little exercise sometimes....there's good that eventually comes out of our mistakes. Love you...Marsh

June 20, 2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I think almost every decision we make has a butterfly effect. But at that moment when a decision is made, all we can do, is do what we think is right at that moment. I think if we do that, then it becomes almost impossible to make a "bad" decision regardless of the outcome.

As sung by Crowded House (from "Four Seasons in One Day" you should listen to it, it's beautiful)

"...wherever there is comfort there is pain, only one step away"

June 21, 2006 3:04 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks you guys, and I'll look for that song mike. love you both

June 21, 2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I like your take on that Mike....a "bad" decision often turns out to be our salvation.

June 21, 2006 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home