Wednesday, June 14, 2006

one hundred eighty degrees

I had fully intended on writing the usual drivel and depravity, that was before my walk- my walk with Billy on the Maple Grove trail- which borders Riverside Cemetery- where we stop for a rest and prayer at Chris's grave- haven't been there for almost a year- but today I felt that yearning- and leaning against the granite, was this picture of Chris and his brother Jeremy, a picture i had never seen before- I'm always grateful that Chris is remembered, and I brought the picture home to scan- and will return it to Chris- At first I was taken aback, thinking his face was beaten and bruised, but after a phone call to Jeremy, I was relieved to find out that was not the case- it was in fact a great night, Chris clowning around as usual, having fun with the guys- and Jeremy left it there on the anniversary of Chris's death- Thank you Jeremy, for the picture, and for a captured moment of happiness in Chris's life- he loved his family. Now I 'm feeling a little too sombre to be foolish, but I did have some good stories- another time- thanks for letting me share, and if you are a random reader, feel free to leave a comment.  Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

Thanks Cheryl, he loved joking around with you!!

June 14, 2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger houseband00 said...

Hi Nan,

I have been visiting your blog quite regularly. Excellent work!

It's beautiful to see that you have such a wonderful network of support from relatives and friends. My heart goes out to all of you.

June 14, 2006 9:30 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thank you houseband- I'm slightly embarrassed - my husband says I've hit a new low talking about hairy legs and doggie doo, but,we need to laugh at ourselves- I check in on you and D every day- take a look at Mikki's post about "butterfly" signs- thanks for commenting- my heart and prayers are with you-

June 14, 2006 9:37 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Chris will always be remembered - and in my thoughts forever. I know that one of the things that he treasured the most was his family . You all should be very proud :-)

June 14, 2006 10:23 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I just read Fireguy's blog, and I can't believe the coincidence. Jim and I had also visited his Mother and Brother's gravesite. We just sat in the car, in the pouring rain, and talked and talked. It was one of the nicest days we had together. Why did we all three visit on practically the same day? Coincidence...I think not! Something drew the three of us to visit our loved ones.

June 15, 2006 5:53 AM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

I read housebands blog this morning..and found your comment. He seems like a really nice guy! I see that other people are starting to comment to him as well. I hope he keeps in touch with you.

June 15, 2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

P.S. Shaved my legs for nothing...it's been pouring rain ever since! The clothes have been on the line for three days!

June 15, 2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

Good Morning, Nan. I got up super early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to check your blog. You've made references to your son, Chris but I didn't know what happened so I went back in time. I hope you don't mind. I'm so very sorry you lost him. He sounded like a very loved, sweet young person. I know several parents who shared the grief of losing their child. I'm very glad you have a very loving family to support you. I'm happy to be your blog friend.

May 21, 2008 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home