Thursday, June 15, 2006

MOM, MISSY, & ASHES

She loved her dog, Missy- her friend, walking companion, faithful to the end- in fact she made me promise that we would bury her ashes with the dog, beside a tree on our lakefront footage- It may seem absurd to most, but Missy was her everything, and I don't think she ever recovered from the loss- but it just didn't sit right with all of us- so we decided there was no harm in waiting a year- unity and agreement was more important- we have to believe that a mother would not wish the placement of her ashes to be the cause of contention among her children- So now it seems clear, thanks to our blogging- and inspiration- It also makes more sense to inter her ashes next to her mother , father, and sister, where her name is already engraved- And there seems to be a wisdom in having a small piece of the planet, consecrated to the remembrance of our loved ones- a permanent place - immortalized in stone- a reminder to all that this person lived and loved and will be remembered--a place of solitude, reflection, and communion- a place-- Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Tuffysmom said...

My God, Sue, you shocked me to death! I didn't expect to see that picture! My heart leapt into my throat. God, now I miss her!! I didn't have that picture, so I saved it on my computer. Are you going to wait until I'm there for the ashes?

June 15, 2006 10:11 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Sorry to scare you- that's kind of like how i felt yesterday finding the picture of chris- haven't talked to jimmy, but of course we wouldn't do anything until you were here--- sorry again-

June 15, 2006 10:19 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

That's a nice picture of mom and Missy.

June 15, 2006 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home