Monday, June 19, 2006

Life Lessons ???

Do you think I need to learn this lesson? Since most of you are in someway related to my grandchildren, seems to me you at least must feign some degree of interest in tracking their development-- so this is one life lesson I'm not interested in learning!!!"The old grey mare ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, ..." Should really be "The old grand-mere" This being my much needed and eagerly anticipated day of rest--- Saturation- "condition of being full to or beyond satisfaction" Our house surpassed satiety this weekend- in fact we had to kick Philip out for a couple of nights so Austin could have his room- Austin's room, that is- Note to Michael: This condition does not apply to you and your family- we will build on, sleep in our camper, a tent, kick out a few animals,give up our bedroom, do whatever it takes- Don't want to give you any excuses not to come home.Speaking of baby pictures, Jennah has first baby syndrome- you know, you have a million pictures of baby one, then number two comes along- not that number two is coming along for Jennah, but she had over 300 pictures printed of Alexis- tens of which were identical poses, just close-ups or zoom outs- Hint:: Your baby is beautiful but she won't be thanking you for all the nostril close-ups!!! I guess she thinks that deleting even one somehow wipes out that moment in time-Maybe she's right- I apologize to Chris and Philip for being "seconds"- only in the numerical sense of course- and for my not taking as many pictures- Alexis had her six month needles today- all is well, she can now sit up, roll over, and manages to do a 180 in her crib, the contortions required I can't even imagine- I need a third hand at feeding time to keep up the pace between spoonfuls- hasn't mastered delayed gratification, (either have I,) and one hand to keep her toes out of her mouth- accounting for the green pea stains on her toes-Did you hear about the domesticated gosling in PEI testing positive for bird flu? It's getting closer-- What is the noun for a group of ducks- you know, gaggle of geese, pod of whales, school of fish, This picture is one of several groups of ducks frequenting our front yard- I told them to STAY AWAY FROM GEESE emmigrating from PEI !!!! My word for the day is obsequious- you get a point for everytime you use it correctly- or one of its variants--- Do you think our blog entries yesterday were obsequious?? Na, they were truly sincere. Life Lessons: Don't leave a new stroller out in the rain.and Take lots of pictures of your second baby!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Yesterday's comments were getting a little sentimental. I have a hard time with sentimentality...I have to try to use humour to get out of it. Otherwise I would wallow in the past!
I think it's a bunch of ducks! That's my entry. Hehehehehe..and hey, where is everybody?

June 19, 2006 6:11 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

The contest was for the word- obsequious- you inadvertently missed an opportunity to use it in your comment- so you lose a point- Where is Mikki?

June 19, 2006 6:28 PM  
Blogger Fireguy said...

Here is one - "I am at times obsequious to this addiction called blogging - but tonight, the Oilers rule!"

June 19, 2006 7:00 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

No fireguy, you're getting confused with saturation- try harder---Should be a good game tonight- I may even watch it-

June 19, 2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Mom, you're subtle hint is taken and noted... We'll see how things go, but I am still aiming on at least a good visit next year... At the very least..

I think we would probably insist on taking your room though... It's bigger than the others, and you offered:)

June 19, 2006 10:14 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Mike, THERE IS NOTHING SUBTLE ABOUT MY WANTING TO SEE YOU GUYS---AND IT'S NOT A HINT, IT'S A SUPPLICATION, BESEECHING, BEGGING, - I'm getting my room in order as we speak- it's yours!!

June 20, 2006 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home