Monday, June 26, 2006

HELP !!!!!!

You see that inobtrusive, ivy-like plant- that's the strangler weed that attaches itself to other growing plants and chokes the very life out of them- it's now headed directly for my bedroom window- pernicious evil, approaching inch by inch (cm by cm) seeking its prey--- --- Yikes- could my life be in jeopardy????
Still raining--- Another moral dilemma- a tenet of my faith is to show kindness towards animals- all animals- how far does that go- I've turned into SpiderNan for Austin- he won't venture outside until I've slayed all the spiders- and I must confess to pangs of guilt- their webs are masterpieces of design- in one swoop, I wipe out their creations- Can't even bring myself to lower unsuspecting lobsters into a pot of boiling water- the sizzle sounds like cries of pain- they must feel pain- Actually I can't afford to buy lobster, so it's not a big problem--- just wondering-- what about hamburgs and chicken, and pork and so on? Chris always said,"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?" Part of me thinks we should be vegetarians, but that other part enjoys burgers too much to think about how they ended up on my plate- So what does show kindness to all animals really mean? Should you have killed that vole, tuffysmom???? And then there's the cat problem- Stoopy left a gift the other day- a very much alive, but mortally wounded baby bird- Frank held it in the palm of his hand, still cheeping in distress- he placed it outdoors in the bushes, but its fate was already decided- Back to fate again- better stop- and keep an eye on that killer ivy--- Be kind to plants???

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

That was a great post! I have poison ivy that won't stop growing up our porch and it's driving me crazy! Even with all the ivy killer in the world, it still won't stop!

June 26, 2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Poison Ivy??? no ethical problem there- get it before it gets you!!!:)

June 26, 2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Spiders are not animals....they are creepy. I didn't want to kill the vole, but it wouldn't go out the door on its own. I had to snip the bush by my back door, it was actually coming in the door!!! but I just trimmed it a little. And cows were made to be eaten, that is the purpose of their life. All we do is fulfill that divine purpose. Love the word 'pernicious'!

June 26, 2006 9:33 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Thank you tuffysmom- that makes sense about the cows- now I can eat guilt free- except for all the calories and cholesterol-- :)

June 26, 2006 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home