Sunday, June 18, 2006

FATHERHOOD

Being a father is an act of conception, being a dad, is being---When we first got together, Frank had two sons, Jason and Jeremy (superimposed bookends) I had Mike and Chris, and we had Jennah and Philip- but Frank is dad to all my children- Not only did he adopt Mike and Chris legally, he accepted them emotionally in his heart, long before paper made the bond legal- When Michael was about six or seven, suffering from probable growing pains in his legs, Frank looked at me in dismay and said,"You don't think he inherited it from me???" It referred to the genetic trait in his family for weak knees, and a brother with MS. Such a simple question- to me spoke volumes-- he loves selflessly, unconditionally, and passionately- He is so proud of all of them- they are his life- So thank you Frank, for being the dad to my children--- Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Dad! I am very lucky to have you as my father and I have so many fond childhood memories, like being at keji and learing about trees, and how to build campfires, helping me with homework and school projects, going sliding in the winter time. You are always there for us... Thank you for being there for me always....
I love you
Jennah

June 18, 2006 5:17 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

YOu found the words I was looking for in my blog today Sue , " Being a father is an act of conception, being a dad, is being " . Happy Fathers day Frank - You are a great Father and a great grandfather . Hope you had a great day.

June 18, 2006 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With kids like Jason,Jereny,Mike, Chris,Jennah and Phil
Being dad comes easy they all have sush good hearts I know they will all be the most they can be come what may. I love you all.
Dad

June 18, 2006 9:50 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

He's a great guy Sue....you are very blessed. And the way he puts up with you...amazing man! Just a joke!!!!!! Hehehehehehe

June 18, 2006 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home